• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Basement Stair Rack Project - Node Zero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So......... the UPS and Battery are huge compared to my rack lol. I think I might have to build them a seperate stand or I won't have room to rack mount any servers haha.

File_000.jpeg

Hey all my Dragonites!
*Dragonite: Follower of Double Dragon Custom Mods*

So if you’ve been following us on Twitter or watching our YouTube videos, you’ll know that we are in the process of moving houses. In preparation for moving Node Zero to the new place, I was able to find an old Dell 42U rack to house our components.

And we got it for a steal! Only $35 USD! :D

Picture below is of a similar rack as I haven’t picked it up yet(didn’t have my truck today) Ours is the same just white instead of black. :thumb:

Afternoon Dragonites!

So I picked up the rack today and got it into the basement! I have only 5 or 6 inches to the beams above haha... talk about a tight fit.

It's missing a side panel, but for $35 bucks I couldn't pass it up. And besides, how can I call myself a modder if I can create a solution :thumb:

I'm thinking about making a video when I migrate all the components to the new house showing the setup with a possible additional how to video for making the end connections.

Until next time...

Happy Modding!

Back