• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to custom loop water cooling is my selection of parts any good ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hasnain

hi there im looking to purchase water cooling for my next build (broadwell-e) and its my first time with custom loop water cooling. After doing some research online i picked out some parts and want your guys thoughts on them. i also need help on deciding on some fittings. so i was told i need a radiator with thickness under 35mm for it to fit on the top of my H440. so please tell me what you think and if i should swap any of the parts out for another.
431670333cc3760f8378edc707ec1fe6.png

build parts:
case : h440
cpu : 6850k
mobo : wating on some new potential x99s to release
ram : Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Quad Channel Kit
psu: 850w evga supernova GS
gpu: gtx 980 TI (from current build not buying it over the 1080)

id appreciate any help

thanks

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCFs.

Please give us a list of the supposed PC components as well as inserting this image to this forum.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the photon res has to be laid down doesn't it?

That tubing is some of the best flex tubing though.

And for a waterblock my personal preference is EK

Have you looked into the alpha cool series of rads they are pretty good.

But all in all it looks fine

Don't forget your fittings

Overall, you listing looks good.

If its a single CPU and GPU only loop, that 360 should be ok. Maybe if you can add another 240mm in the front if its possible would help you achieve better delta temps or a possible SLI down the road. Make sure you've done measurements and seen examples of other builds with the same case.

Depending on your budget, barbs or compression fittings. Make sure you get the right size fittings based on the tubing you get. Good choice on tubing btw.

Also, I hope you've done enough research on dyes. We don't promote dyes here as they'll stain and clog your loop if not maintained properly.

I'm pretty sure the photon res has to be laid down doesn't it?

It should be vertically positioned.

Overall, you listing looks good.

If its a single CPU and GPU only loop, that 360 should be ok. Maybe if you can add another 240mm in the front if its possible would help you achieve better delta temps or a possible SLI down the road. Make sure you've done measurements and seen examples of other builds with the same case.

Depending on your budget, barbs or compression fittings. Make sure you get the right size fittings based on the tubing you get. Good choice on tubing btw.

Also, I hope you've done enough research on dyes. We don't promote dyes here as they'll stain and clog your loop if not maintained properly.

It should be vertically positioned.

Ahh yes didn't even think of that lol duhhh

Back