• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oculust rift as monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
my little bee just asked a question I can't answer.
when my rift arrives can I get rid of my monitors?

Good luck with that...

I highly doubt anyone is going to want to put on a bulky headset to use their PC. Then to see anyone in the room they have to remove it, etc. Doesn't seem viable to me if you just think about it for a minutes.

Anyway, this is really up to the specific user, not us, as its all about what/how long one can 'take it' as far as having them on. Have you ever used these before?

well, does it even do the regular stuff??????
I under stand issues with the bulk of it.

Only if everything you use your comp for is optimized for the Oculus.

I've had a desktop emulator that I could use, but I'm sure some programs just don't like the Oculus. And of course if you need to look at something away from the comp you have to take off your monitor, so it's one or the other.

So, don't throw your old monitor away just yet.

This app gets me more excited for VR hardware than any tech demo i have seen on youtube or in person.
I'm still worried about the resolution of current gen vr headsets, but stuff like virtual multi monitor setups for normal windows use (without having to wait for individual app support), virtual "office" and "theater" environments, and a 360 degree milkdrop visualizer are the kinds of things that get me super excited about the current state, and future of VR.

Back