• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop Input Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathStroke5.0

First and foremost, Howdy from Texas.
Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I have always messed around a little bit with water cooling, but always with just really simple loops (120-240 rad, small pump and bay res and CPU block), but recently decided to go in on a bit larger of a project.

System Specs:
Thermaltake Core P5 Case
Gigabyte G1 Gaming Motherboard
Intel 6700K
Asus Poseidon 980 Ti
Samsung SSD
EVGA 850P

Cooling:
EK 480 Rad
8x Corsair SP120 Fans (4 with red LED's)
EK Pump and Res Combo (240 Res)
EK supremacy CPU Block
Connected Poseidon Block

When I put the system together, I was able to salvage enough parts at my local store (Micro Center) in order to make the loop functional for now, but I am not very fond of the way it looks.

I am looking trough Frozen CPU and finding quiet a bit of cool stuff there and here is what I plan on changing:
Re-route the Loop (See picture below)
Move LED fans behind Rad and SP120's to front (probably will be using White shrouds)
Replace all connectors and elbows with White ones
Purchase pre-sleeved cables (White)

Below are pictures of the system as it sits, and a quick sketch of what I plan on doing with the loop.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

As much as this system is for performance, I will be wall mounting it and want it to have the "Wow" effect as well.

Thanks in advance guts.jpg loop.jpg !

I would recommend staying away from frozen cpu as there has been a lot of problems with them lately. Try performancepcs instead, our my old standby Amazon.

Otherwise I would say you have a nice little setup there.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

I would recommend staying away from frozen cpu as there has been a lot of problems with them lately. Try performancepcs instead, our my old standby Amazon.

Otherwise I would say you have a nice little setup there.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Wow, I was unaware of that, always thought they are the end all be all guys. Performance has everything I am looking for at an identical price so I will go with them instead.

Thanks!

Your welcome, frozen used to be the go to store but recently it has taken a turn for the worst. If you Google it you can find the news stories.

Back