• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EPS Calculator - GPU Overvoltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arcite

Hello guys! First post here so please be gentle. Also a noob overclocker here.

Now my question is quite simple. Outervision.com - the power supply calculator has something called "Overvoltage" under the GPU tab. And you can go from 0 to 50% - What does 50% actually mean in mV? Let's say i set my MSI Afterburner Core Voltage to +100(mV) on my Gigabyte GTX960 - is that 50% overvoltage?

My question may sound stupid for many but i'm a bit confused here and i would appreciate the help.

Thank you!

I assume it would be adding 50% of the stock voltage of your card. In that case, if your stock voltage was 200mV and you added 100mV it would be a 50% increase in voltage. If you have a card that is set at 1000mV and you increase by 100mV (to 1100mV) it would be 10% overvoltage.

I assume it would be adding 50% of the stock voltage of your card. In that case, if your stock voltage was 200mV and you added 100mV it would be a 50% increase in voltage. If you have a card that is set at 1000mV and you increase by 100mV (to 1100mV) it would be 10% overvoltage.

Thank you for the fast response!
So, if my math is correct: if my stock core voltage is 1206 and i increase +100mv - this is a total of 8.3% overvoltage right? That of course assuming that outervision calculates that % for FULL LOAD.

Power is calculated as P = V*I, where V is voltage and I is current.

Your vCore is currently at 1206mV, but what is your current? You should be able to see current draw using GPU-Z. If you cannot, list the card and we can walk through how to roughly calculate power draw.

Last edited:
Back