• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Zen Will Compete Favorably with Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm definitely gonna make an AMD rig with Zen and the new GPU lineup, and see how it fares. Somebody on the news team should do an AMD vs Intel build review when Zen releases. Would be nice to see how Zen and Polaris stack up against Skylake and Pascal within a certain price range.

well titan X in august and its more cuda cores then a Ti. though i bet the Ti will be close to half the price of the new titan x.

If a 1080 Ti eventually comes along, don't think it'll be quite half the price given the 1080 itself is MSRP 599 and the new Titan X is 1200. Do think it would be a fun exercise to build an Intel/nvidia rig and compare it against a similarly priced AMD/RTG rig once the dust settles a bit on all the new releases. Although... by the time Zen comes out we'll likely have the next whatever-lake available too.

I'm definitely gonna make an AMD rig with Zen and the new GPU lineup, and see how it fares. Somebody on the news team should do an AMD vs Intel build review when Zen releases. Would be nice to see how Zen and Polaris stack up against Skylake and Pascal within a certain price range.
I thought the same thing. However, the truth is that by the time Zen releases, Intel will most likely have Kabylake out the door. So it will be Zen and hopefully Vega versus Kabylake and Pascal. Would not be shocked if the GTX1080TI is out by then.

Well it seems kaby lake has already shipped to oems. Shouldn't be much longer now..

Back