• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 240gb ECO3 SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
I wound up buying this drive cause it was a few dollars cheaper at newegg for a 240gb drive vs the cruical BX i think. Since i have been using the drive for a while now i thought i would post some pics of how it handles after being used.

System Specs: Asus Rampage II GENE/[email protected]/Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 cas9
*please keep in mind the drive is running in SATAII speeds due to the older ICH9R southbridge

ASSDM240gbECO3r2g.jpg

ASSDiopM240gbECO3r2g.jpg

CDMM240gbECO3r2g.jpg

ATTOm240gbECO3r2g.jpg

Yep, Mushkin makes solid stuff :thup:

Mushkin is the only brand I have ever encountered that sent me two shipments of dead RAM. Got some DDR2 1066 awhile back for a build. One stick was dead. Sent it in and got another shipment. Stick from the new shipment was dead too... Switched to TEAM RAM, which is some no-name nothing, and it worked fine.

Good thing you didn't get the BX drive, I have read that after the cache fills up you are back down to ~60Mb/s transfer rates...
But unless you only move massive files on it, one would never encounter that ;)

Glad you like the SSD! Too bad there's no SATA III on that board for you though.... 4K speeds are nice!
I was considering Mushkin, but I was able to snag the 480G Sandisk SSD Plus for $160 shipped.

yea it was either the MX or BX drive in 240gb, but the drive was mainly ment for faster bootup of the computer. yea since it was just for a rosetta@home box i prolly wouldnt have had that problem.

yea it was either the MX or BX drive in 240gb, but the drive was mainly ment for faster bootup of the computer. yea since it was just for a rosetta@home box i prolly wouldnt have had that problem.
Boot times are amazing with an SSD eh?
I literally need an SSD from now on :p

yea well when you think about what the computer is for. why spend the same amount on a 1TB+ drive when i dont need the space. Ever since my OCZ agility 60gb, i never looked back.

I'm using the same Mushkin 240GB ECO3 in my Skylake mini ITX system for a month or so now. Very happy with it for the $65 it cost me.

Using one for my boot drive, on 24/7, for a few months now. Everything working well. I've always had good luck with Mushkin, stemming from the early days with memory.

Back