• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chinese Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sw4l

Registered
Hey there ! First at all, my english is not very good, but I'll try to explain as much as possible what I am writing for.

I want to do my first own watercooling (no kit, not interesting) but i don't want to spend a lot of money for it (no big overclocking)..
I found some nice prices on aliexpress.com. Here is the "complete" kit i did on a store called GKD Trading which has good ratings :

Pump+reservoir (600L/hour)

CPU Waterblock(looks nice :D )

Radiator(3x120, copper)

FANs(3x120/1100rpm)

Tube(diameter ok for thoses parts, i think)

Fittings

With all fans and the pump controled with a rheobus.

I know that is big for just a cpu cooling, but i want to add more blocks later; so i prefer do have enough rad an fans now.

Now i'm here to ask if anyone already tried some of aliexpress/chinese product. And, by the way, is this allright (fittings, diameters..) ? Your feelings..?

:welcome: to the forums. some of our more veteran watercooling experts will likely be by to help you out as they have time.

In the future, please do not bump a thread within a day of making a thread, it is largely unnecessary.

Thanks !
Ok I'm sorry, i slept between the both posts haha, I'll wait !

:welcome:

I took a look through the links and I cannot speak to any of the parts as they are generic parts so I cannot comment on the quality or performance of them. With that being said the radiator, tubing, and fittings look ok. The fans may be ok for that radiator but the radiator has a 18 fpi rating so you will need a fan that can produce enough pressure to push through that. As for the pump and res. The reservoir looks ok but I ask slightly worried by the pump as out only has a 6w rating so you may be limited in your expansion ability beyond a simple cpu loop as you will probably not have enough head pressure to push through additional water blocks.

I apologize that I cannot give you more definitive awnsers but without knowing more information on the parts I can only make assumptions.

Thanks for the answer :)

The fans may be ok for that radiator but the radiator has a 18 fpi rating so you will need a fan that can produce enough pressure to push through that.

Here is the description,

-Size: 120mm x 25mm
-Speed: 1100 RPM±10%
-Rated Voltage: DC 12V
-Rated Current:0.25A
-Air Flow:73-130mA/H
-Noise: 20dBA
-Bearing Type: Hydraulic Bearing
-Connector: 4-Pin with 3Pin
-Life:50000 hours

what should i look for the pressure ?

As for the pump and res. The reservoir looks ok but I ask slightly worried by the pump as out only has a 6w rating so you may be limited in your expansion ability beyond a simple cpu loop as you will probably not have enough head pressure to push through additional water blocks.

Should i take this one ?
- 100% Brand New
- Flow: max 500 L/H
- Head: max 3 Meter
- Water Tank Capacity: 250 mL
- Power Connector: 3Pin connector
- Voltage: DC12V
- Power: 10W
- Noise: 16 DB
- Threaded connections: G 1/4 DN8 (6.35mm)
- Working life: 50000 hours
- SIZE:60x150mm

Hey Sw4l. I'll take a look around and see what I can find on these pumps and fans but I probably won't have any good info until tomorrow. What country are you located in by the way, I'm assuming China by your thread title, the only reason I ask is so I can verify parts availability when I am looking for comparable parts.

Hey, no i'm a french people located.. in France :D
Thank you for your investment !

I would advise on steering away from these unknown parts. Sure they're cheap but can't guarantee their longevity. With custom water cooling, your best bet is to go with reputed H20 companies because there is no second chance when it comes to leaks, cracks, etc and chances are their warranties are most likely non existent.

Since you reside in Europe, have a look at aquatuning.de and aquacomputer.de for your watercooling needs. They have a great selection of pumps, fans, blocks, etc.

Also, have a good read in our water cooling stickies to get a better grip on the basics and maintenance involved.

Here's a great video I like posting to newcomers.

Your already into this for good money. Might as well dig up just a little more and buy name brand known good liquid cooling parts.

Also don't forget there is a For Sale section of the forums. Once you've had enough participation here, they will be unlocked for you. At this time you can find some used good hardware that is quality.

Just my opinion. I wouldn't trust the pump, and the water block doesn't stand out to me. In fact, it looks small. Less copper mass is not good. You want a nice big heavy waterblock with a good flow design and heat dissipation at the base.

I can't read the language in the description have tried some online translation, but do believe there is Aluminium in the rad. If soo it would be a pretty good guess shortcuts have been made elsewhere as well. Should you go with this stuff be prepared for oxidation or using some kind of anti freeze in your loop.

I finally found a nice kit, the XSPC EX360 (i read some tests, seems good). The kit + a 1L bottle of fluid will cost 180€ .
I think i will try these chineses products after and not for a whole kit, maybe for a new rad/fan or something then post a review for it, it will probably helps someone if it works well.

Thanks for all your answers, and if you have any comments on this kit or on the chineses parts, i will continue to read the thread :D

Edit : i found a lot of peoples having issues with the pump/reservoir, what do you think of it ?

Last edited:
If you go with the XSPC kits, go with a D5 pump. The 750 is nice for CPU only loops but anything more, I recommend a D5. Well worth the added cost for a premium pump.

And don't mix the chinese parts with the quality H20 parts.

Ok, then i will go for it. I'll probably post some pictures to thanks all the answers :)

1 L bottle of fluid you don't need. Distilled/Deionized/Reverse osmosis water and a biocide which we mention all the time in our stickies is cheaper and better.

Slow down.....

I prefer first try a ready coolant.
I had some research on differents coolants and i concluded that the "Feser One" is the most safe for parts on a lot of thread etc.. And found 1L for 12€, so I'll start with it and later try to do my own.

I prefer first try a ready coolant.
I had some research on differents coolants and i concluded that the "Feser One" is the most safe for parts on a lot of thread etc.. And found 1L for 12€, so I'll start with it and later try to do my own.

If you insist on using a premixed fluid at least stay away from the dyes. Also you will still want to use a biocide or kill coil.

I think the company didn't exist anymore, but there is some website which have it in stock and i really didn't saw anyone saying that this coolant is bad.

Well we do. It's your stuff. You want to overspend on something that is uneeded and the company is caused loops to clog, was caught in patent infringement etc. You just don't know the history and what is watercooling.

You just don't know. I spent 3 months back in 2009 researching before I bought ONE part.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/659542-Build-Up-In-GPU-Loop?p=6665651#post6665651
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/708096-Green-Water
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/717099-Coolant-dye-sucks
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?258898-What-lies-beneath!!&p=4544766#post4544766\
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...**WARNING-graphic!**-also-pump-disintegration

I'm done here. It is your PC and your issues. You want to do it right? Or have issues.

If the company has folded there must be a reason. No wonder I haven't heard of them in years. Kinda like the 'Yugo' cars back in the late 80's.

You ain't listening. Tough advice, up to you.

Back