• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What headset with mic for my XONAR ESSENCE STX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What headset with mic for my XONAR ESSENCE STX?

keep it around 150 dollars.

Would be used for gaming

Headsets imply that they have a mic while headphones do not.

If it has to be a headset then I'd get a HyperX Cloud II/ HyperX Cloud. It is good value for your money. I would however suggest something else if the two can be separate.

If you can hold out for a $100 sale on the ATH-M50X, then you could do those and an Antlion ModMic. That's if you don't mind keeping the headphones and mic separate.

That looks nice. I like the ModMic idea!

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GA...=UTF8&qid=1464119212&sr=8-1&keywords=g4me+one

is an excellent headset. you can read my review of the unit on the front page.

I have had so many sets of Sennheiser and it seems to be hard to wrong with them. Even some cheap PC131 sounded great.
These are at the top of my list.

Do they fit for larger ears?

Thanks guys

That looks nice. I like the ModMic idea!

I have had so many sets of Sennheiser and it seems to be hard to wrong with them. Even some cheap PC131 sounded great.
These are at the top of my list.

Do they fit for larger ears?

Thanks guys

Give me the dimensions of your ears. I can't tell you exactly, but I believe I have the ear cup sizes measured (or I can for you) to help you. The cups are soft though and there isn't a very tight clamp so I imagine it would be comfortable even with larger than average ears.

Headsets imply that they have a mic while headphones do not.

If it has to be a headset then I'd get a HyperX Cloud II/ HyperX Cloud. It is good value for your money. I would however suggest something else if the two can be separate.

Second that. HyperX Cloud is a great headset for big ears and glasses.

Although it's way under the price you're looking, take a look at the Xiaomi Piston 3. Despite going for about $20 on Amazon, it holds its own against headphones approaching the $100 mark and has a built in microphone that is more than good enough for voice chat and even podcast recording. You'll need an adapter to use the microphone part with a standard PC.

There's also the Xiaomi Mi Hybrid which is the updated version, but I can't comment if they're good since I don't have them. (Some say they're better, others say the Piston 3 is better. Likely down to personal preference.)

Back