• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1070 official specs released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't believe so... do the math on the specs. ;)

Why is this in the folding section? I don't see it posted in public yet!!!

Why is this in the folding section? I don't see it posted in public yet!!!

Because we are crazy maniacs who are going to buy these in droves for the folding POWA!

Seriously, I'm probably going to be pulling the trigger on a 1080 on the 27th.

...and in breaking news...it will only have 7.5 GB of fast video memory...

:rofl:

Any minute now some 14 year old troll will read this and start screaming all over the internet about how NVidia is ripping everybody off. Oh, what have you done, JrClocker??? :facepalm: I just shot coffee out of my nose all over my keyboard. LMAO

@ EarthDog. These new cards have the potential to really boost the Folding teams point production so while there are many things to talk about in a general public manner, we are specifically looking at the aspects of these new cards folding potential which is narrow in scope. We have a team looking to regain our status as a top team in the world and this card (1080/1070) is really sparking great interest.

We have yet to suss out how much is marketing fluff and how much will result in real points so that makes this an exciting time for us in this sub forum. There are at least four threads in this sub section dedicated to the 1080/1070 and the potential 1060 as great point producers for little energy costs.

Btw, I'm going to be ordering a 1080 tomorrow. If I can swing Saturday delivery, I might have some numbers this weekend.

I understand... I just saw it tucked away here FIRST with no mention of it in 'public'. I would have loved to see it in both places. :)

I went ahead and posted it in public (in the 1080 thread, LOL).

@EarthDog, we'll try to play nice and share our toys with the other kids. :p :p :p

Joking aside, you have a valid point. Given our lower level of visitor traffic compared to other larger sites, having this in the more 'public' forums would help with site visibility. My browser bookmark for OC goes straight to the folding forums (seriously) and sometimes we all forgot that there is forum life outside of folding. At least I do.

I'll duplicate my post(s) in the public forums in the future. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to return to drooling over the GTX 1080/1070 posters on my wall while dreaming of PPD.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

As more of these cards hit the market, it will be interesting to see how new drivers and such change the PPD these are seeing.

Back