• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Functional modding of my Corsair H100i V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Torquemada.

Hi guys, this is my first post here.

I have some questions about some modding I'm about to make.

Basically, I need shorter cables for my AIO cooler, and I want the possibility to disconnect the tubes with ought spilling water all over the place.

I own a horizontal case (Streacom F12C) so the tubes would be hidden beneath the radiator, so they don't need to be pretty, just functional.

- Which tubes should I buy?

- How do I secure the new tubes to the pump and radiator? Epoxy?

- Are there some snap-on connectors I can attach to the middle of the tubes, that will allow me an easy removal of the radiator?

That is all for now. Thanks in advance for your kind replies!

Remember this is a sealed unit. It's not meant to be messed with. You will need new tubing, fittings, a resivour, and the proper liquid. We have many links and many posts dealing with this.

Use the search function and read up. When you have some solid leads and quality questions we'll say:

Time to go real watercooling if you want to.

Remember this is a sealed unit. It's not meant to be messed with. You will need new tubing, fittings, a resivour, and the proper liquid. We have many links and many posts dealing with this.

Use the search function and read up. When you have some solid leads and quality questions we'll say:

Time to go real watercooling if you want to.

Thank you very much for your answer, but it's absolutely off track.

I stated clearly that I want to replace the tubes and I want to add a snap-on connector at the middle of the tubes to facilitate the removal of the radiator without spilling water.

I don't know where to acquire such items, so I wrote on this forum. Can we please get back to the point?

Sure. You open the sealed unit, you need to replace the liquid. Is it a aluminum radiator? If so you need special liquid. You need a res to be able to fill the loop with no air in the system. Once you buy the parts to include the new fittings you are good to go.

Koolance sells good fittings for your needs. You will have to increase the ID of the tubing to allow flow rates to be good enough due to the flow rate reduction of... What we call..... Quick Disconnects, not Snap On, whatever that means. The rad/ pump you have have no way to increase the ID of the tubing unless you make unusual tricky modifications to the system. I'm sure others have done it.

Like Star Trek, your on your own making these changes.

Been done many times I'm sure. You try Google? Just never seen it done here. No magic answer, sorry.

Point is back at you. We have 1000000 posts for watercooling and a fully filled Sticky at the top of the subforum. Maybe that will help.

It's a hobby.

Back