• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flow indicator quest 2016

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DWolvin

So I've always wanted a flow indicator or meter, and looking around the electronic flow and water temp units look sweet but seem to have a plethora of terrible reviews. Anyone here have one? Or; anyone here have a cool flow indicator?

The one I've been using for years is the Koolance Flow meter with a flow meter adapter and display. It hasn't failed me once and is trucking along now for 4+ years.

Thanks for the info on the Koolance, that is what I was looking at and provides the numbers I want. But, Flat-6, as a former Aegis tech I don't know if I would have flashbacks seeing a rotameter in my system... Who am I kidding, that's cool!

You can always go for a rotameter type flowmeter like I did...:)

Where did you pick up that rotameter, and how did you get the proper fittings on it? I've been seriously considering picking one up after seeing your build.

Where did you pick up that rotameter, and how did you get the proper fittings on it? I've been seriously considering picking one up after seeing your build.

Here is a better closeup of the model that I used - Full scale reading is 2.0 GPM which is just about perfect for our loops.

These models feature 1/2" BSP outside threaded and 1/4" BSP internally threaded ports on the rear so you can just screw in our standard G1/4" fittings directly into the unit.

I purchased mine off eBay direct from China since I'm located down here in Australia. You can also purchase the exact same model at Walmart - I see you are in Texas so not sure if Walmart is a more convenient option for you or not.

Walmart Link

Rotameter_Illuminated.JPG

Here is a better closeup of the model that I used - Full scale reading is 2.0 GPM which is just about perfect for our loops.

These models feature 1/2" BSP outside threaded and 1/4" BSP internally threaded ports on the rear so you can just screw in our standard G1/4" fittings directly into the unit.

I purchased mine off eBay direct from China since I'm located down here in Australia. You can also purchase the exact same model at Walmart - I see you are in Texas so not sure if Walmart is a more convenient option for you or not.

Walmart Link

Wow, i'll definitely look for one on my next grocery shopping trip. Thanks!

Nice- thanks again (starting to sketch the next loop, with Rota and a new video card...)

Back