• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp reading backwards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueknight1960

Registered
Hi all, I have a friend who just got a pre-built AMD cpu desktop computer. I noticed that the idle temp is around 55-64 c. I installed the intel burn test and when run, the temp drops down to about 34 c and when the test is stopped,it goes back to 55-64 c. I was thinking a connection for the temp reading is connected wrong? I'm not sure how to correct this. Any help would be appreciated.

you are using amd overdrive, it shows how many degrees until you reach the max temp of the processor.

Thanks for the reply. Guess it would make too much sense for amd to do it the normal way.

Thanks for the reply. Guess it would make too much sense for amd to do it the normal way.
There are a couple programs that do it that way, actually. Realtemp (for Intel) shows both.

EDIT: I personally like seeing it that way as without, you have no idea (without researching) what the limit is/how far you have to go. ;)

Last edited:
Once again it's not my computer, I was looking for a friend. But I appreciate the feedback.

no problem, we like the easy questions, makes me look like I know something............

Once again? BK, it doesn't matter who's computer it is... I answered a generic question with a generic answer...computer ownership agnostic. :D

Back