• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin3's GTX 1080 Folding thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I'm going to be pulling the trigger on a GTX 1080 card on the 27th (assuming something like 'adaptive pricing' doesn't push it up over $750/$800 or so).

Since Team 32 is looking for PPD numbers I'll post what I get as I get them.

I've seen pre-release guesses run from about 600K to close to 1M. Hopefully we'll narrow it down.

Edit, here are the numbers:

WU 9712 (8,14,140)
Base Credit 6300
Estimated Credit 48266
Estimated PPD 772260
TPF 0 min 54 secs

WU 9442 (21,1,189)
Base Credit 10400
Estimated Credit 70004
Estimated PPD 851879
TPF 1 min 11 secs

WU 9704 (9,5,290)
Base credit 9000
Estimated credit 60269
Estimated PPD 723181
TPF 1 min 12 sec
Final credit estimate, 59645.00 points

WU 10476 (0,146,529)
Base credit 8185
Estimated credit 60862
Estimated PPD 717093
TPF 1 min 13 secs

WU 9156 (106,0,373)
Base Credit 3531
Estimated Credit 40577
Estimated PPD 726597
TPF 48.25 secs

175MHz overclock

WU 9704 (3,2,650)
Base Credit 9000
Estimated credit 61344
Estimated PPD 768137
TPF 1 min 9 secs

WU 11414 (0,41,42)
Base credit 25888
Estimated credit 137922
Estimate PPD 654750
TPF 3 mins 2 secs

WU 13107 (0,1,130)
Base credit 2700
Estimated credit 26373
Estimated PPD 712059
TPF 32 seconds

WU 9151 (0,17,268)
Base credit 3300
Estimated credit 43512
Estimated PPD 769267
TPF 48.87 seconds

WU 11704 (0,143,82)
Base credit 17402
Estimated credit 128963
Estimated PPD 944269
TPF 1 min 58 seconds

WU 9151 (20,22,167)
Base credit 3300
Estimated credit 45142
Estimated PPD 876469
TPF 44.50 seconds

WU 11705
Base credit 20645
Estimated credit 148918
Estimated PPD 1037624
TPF 2 minutes 4 seconds

(I'm not including the first because it was idle for a while in the process of running it)

Last edited:
Oh team 32 isn't the only one looking forward to the numbers, 33 is interested as well. ;) Looking forward to what you find, I'm waiting though for prices to come down - FE prices are nuts

The partner boards should be launching tomorrow as well with some factory overclocks. Although, I do like the idea of venting the heat to the outside of the case, especially for multi-gpu setups

Oh team 32 isn't the only one looking forward to the numbers, 33 is interested as well. ;) Looking forward to what you find, I'm waiting though for prices to come down - FE prices are nuts

Hey, happy to share the info. Helps the whole folding community out. Of course I remember spending $600 on a 8800 GTX, so I'm kind of used to it.

The partner boards should be launching tomorrow as well with some factory overclocks. Although, I do like the idea of venting the heat to the outside of the case, especially for multi-gpu setups

Well, my cases these days tend to be open air benching stations. Because (bleep) cutting your hands trying to work inside a too small case.

Last edited:
via TechTimes;

"Now In Stock shows that both the EVGA and ZOTAC models that could be preordered checked out within minutes. To be more exact, Amazon sold all its EVGA GTX 1080 in 6 minutes, with ZOTAC lasting a full 12 minutes before going out of stock."

Good luck! :thup:

"Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor!" -Effie Trinket.

I'm figuring I'm going to order from EVGA directly. They've got it at $699, and they have Saturday delivery. I still haven't gotten the auto-notify email yet.

Plus, I'll probably be up at midnight refreshing the order page to be sure.

"Now In Stock shows that both the EVGA and ZOTAC models that could be preordered checked out within minutes. To be more exact, Amazon sold all its EVGA GTX 1080 in 6 minutes, with ZOTAC lasting a full 12 minutes before going out of stock."
Wow...that's amazing! I wonder how many of those were eager gamers and how many were fellow folders.
I hope they ramp up production soon!!! Although personally I'm waiting to see the PPD difference between the 1070 and the 1080 before making a move.

If I didn't know any better, I would say we were talking about concert tickets or the newest shiny object that Apple is selling. Just...wow!

I'm figuring I'm going to order from EVGA directly. They've got it at $699, and they have Saturday delivery. I still haven't gotten the auto-notify email yet.

Plus, I'll probably be up at midnight refreshing the order page to be sure.

Well, nothing at midnight, and their forum has someone pointing out that their twitter says they will start selling at 6am PDT/9am EDT. So, about 2 1/2 hour from now. I'll have the page up and doing my part to bring their server down with refreshes to try and catch the start of sales.

Well, nothing at midnight, and their forum has someone pointing out that their twitter says they will start selling at 6am PDT/9am EDT. So, about 2 1/2 hour from now. I'll have the page up and doing my part to bring their server down with refreshes to try and catch the start of sales.

Yeah, it took 20 minutes just to clear up the DOS attack on the EVGA site at midnight. :rofl:

Sounds legit on the time this AM. BH Photo has listed 9AM today on their website for availablity since yesterday morning. Should be a fun snipe hunt today. :thup:

my local microcenter has many in stock (founders edition of course)

Yeah, it took 20 minutes just to clear up the DOS attack on the EVGA site at midnight. :rofl:

Sounds legit on the time this AM. BH Photo has listed 9AM today on their website for availablity since yesterday morning. Should be a fun snipe hunt today. :thup:

Yep, I'm making sure I'm at my desk, debit card in hand.

my local microcenter has many in stock (founders edition of course)

I saw that as well. My local one is about a 40 minute drive from my work. If I can't get the one from EVGA with next day shipping, I'll see if I can take off for an hour and half to pick one up down there. It looks like they won't let you order for in store pickup, you have to be in store to order/buy it.

Edit: EVGA DDOS starting on time. 4 minutes to go.

Edit2: 12 minutes in, and still nothing. Nvidia site went live 5 minutes early. I tried there at about 9:02 am and it said it added it to my card, but when I went to check-out it the cart was empty. 9:04 am said out of stock. Thinking hard about Microcenter.

Edit3: Now it looks like their entire site is down. Nope, back up.

Last edited:
Not going to be going to Microcenter, they are down to just 2 EVGA left. They'll be gone before I could get close.

How'd it go? I checked the Nvidia site just now (for grins) and it's showing out of stock. I'm guessing that's the case for all sites by now.

How'd it go? I checked the Nvidia site just now (for grins) and it's showing out of stock. I'm guessing that's the case for all sites by now.

Look two posts up. Still waiting for EVGA to load.

Also, there are still 2 an the microcenter 40 minutes away. If I thought there was a chance they'd be there when I got there, I'd be on the road already.

Edit, yep, just sold.

Edit2: EVGA is now a black background trying to load, rather than the white background of the error page.

Edit3: EVGA product page loaded, waiting for it to add the card to my shopping cart.

Also, 3 other cards. Plain GTX $610, auto notify. SC and FTW have pre-order options.

Darn, page just crashed. Trying again.

Edit4: Looks like the whole site is down again.

Last edited:
Looks like it is in my shopping cart. I'm trying to check out and it is taking a long time to load.

Edit: Got to the cart, 1 card was in there, and I'm trying to get the checkout page to load.

Last edited:
Ta-DA!

Your transaction has been successfully processed.

You will be receiving an email confirmation of your order shortly. If you have any question or comments, please feel free to contact our Sales Department at 714-528-4500 or by email at [email protected]

Your Order Reference Number is : XXXXXX

Thank you,

EVGA

And I did get it with Saturday delivery!

Back