• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin3's GTX 1080 Folding thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Egg had stock of all flavors;

When I checked around 9:10am EDT, they didn't have anything up I could see.

I'll wait for the Ti version. Go big or go home is a good mantra to live by. :rofl:

Well considering I'm replacing a 7970 and a 280X, I think I'm going pretty big already. I'm not going to hit 3 in daily production on the team, but I'll put some distance between P4EE and me for the daily numbers.

Been away with work for for a few days and what an exciting "twitter-like" action thread I come back to :)
Myself ordered one of those cheaper EVGA from my mobile (hate that) only to find out I won't get it until two weeks from now.
Will not get FE just to have it next week though.
Eager to hear your results, Torin!

Been away with work for for a few days and what an exciting "twitter-like" action thread I come back to :)
Myself ordered one of those cheaper EVGA from my mobile (hate that) only to find out I won't get it until two weeks from now.
Will not get FE just to have it next week though.
Eager to hear your results, Torin!

Glad I was able to provide some entertainment.

Card was shipped and is due here by 12 noon EDT today.

Glad I was able to provide some entertainment.

Card was shipped and is due here by 12 noon EDT today.
:thup:

Sweet!!

Looks like the egg (.ca) is sold out as expected. $909.99 for a 1080 though. Ouch!!
Looks like I might start saving up for some 980's if they start selling cheap.

Card is here. Driver downloaded.

Powering down for install.

Ok, got it installed, and added this line to gpus.txt:

Code:
0x10de:0x1b80:2:6:GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080]

But I keep getting FAILED after the WU downloads.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Because there is no ID in there for the 1080 and it doesn't see the video card without adding it.
Ohhh Okay. I've never had to touch that so I had no idea what it did.

I wonder if the cores need to be updated for the 10series cards?
Maybe that's why they are failing.. Or perhaps it something on Pande's end not knowing what to give this new GPU? :shrug:

Ohhh Okay. I've never had to touch that so I had no idea what it did.

I wonder if the cores need to be updated for the 10series cards?
Maybe that's why they are failing.. Or perhaps it something on Pande's end not knowing what to give this new GPU? :shrug:

Well, I made a mistake with the ID, it needed to have a 6 for Pascal instead of 5 for Maxwell. I've fixed that, but it still apparently needs a server side update on Stanford's side. I've requested it.

is the client producing the gpu slot?

It wasn't until I added the ID string. Once I did, the client automatically made the GPU slot for it.

fahbench_zpsp8u8heh0.jpg~original

Ran this at stock

have you tried removing the gpus.text file, rebooting the system and let it download a fresh gpus.text file?
or is it known that panda group is not ready for this gpu family?

Here's my 780, overclocked too!
So what do you guys think, upwards of 400K PPD?? I get 170K on this card.

780.PNG

have you tried removing the gpus.text file, rebooting the system and let it download a fresh gpus.text file?
or is it known that panda group is not ready for this gpu family?

They didn't have it, but 7im got to it quickly and after he had, deleting and restarting the client was all that was left that I needed to do.

WU11423 (0,0,32)
Base Credit 12288
Estimated Credit 89125
Estimated PPD 706457
Estimate TPF 1 min 49 secs.

2% done.

Here's my 780, overclocked too!
So what do you guys think, upwards of 400K PPD?? I get 170K on this card.

See above. And I paused it for a bit. 750K ppd looks to be what it will actually get.

Also, I had the not current version of FAHBench. Here is the current version.

fahbench2_zpsqhlx22vy.jpg~original

And with the fan set for 85%, I'm getting about 71°C with the ambient being about 85°F in the house. (No A/C here)

Wow! :drool: 750K is nuts!
That's magnitudes better than my 780 and it sips power too.
Speaking of which can you get a power draw reading at all?

Back