• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500K Sandy Bridge OC assistance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just.Fer.Kicks

Registered
I have it stable using the MB OC software at 4.389.5 MHz but I want more!!

Spec's
Water Cooled i5 2500K Sandy Bridge
Intel DZ77RE-75K MB
16GB Kingston PC3-10700 Matched Ram
MSI Radeon R9-390 OC'd to Core 1170MHz, Mem 1756 MHz
1000 watt PSU

Read here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Beginners-How-to-set-your-25-6-700K-to-4-5Ghz

That I could get 4.9 to 5.2 MHz...would love some help in making that happen!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Please post screenshots (host here) of CPUz. The first tab, SPD, and Memory please. Showing the offset doesn't tell us where your voltage is at, just what is added to stock (which is different for every CPU).

That said, check out this guide and give it a try: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Beginners-How-to-set-your-25-6-700K-to-4-5Ghz

You just need to keep voltage under 1.45V and temps under 90C when stress testing.

Whoa... voltage is up there already... wow. Are you sure you need that high of voltage for 4.4Ghz? That doesn't seem right.

I would start over honestly. Dont use windows software, use the bios. Do not use adaptive or offset for now. Follow the guide I linked and see where you can get with a proper process. :)

Whoa... voltage is up there already... wow. Are you sure you need that high of voltage for 4.4Ghz? That doesn't seem right.

I would start over honestly. Dont use windows software, use the bios. Do not use adaptive or offset for now. Follow the guide I linked and see where you can get with a proper process. :)

I didn't use a windows oc software...it was the built in oc software for the intel extreme motherboard noted in the specs. This is via the bios.

That said i'm stable at 4.4ish. I was more interested in the 4.9 to 5.2 clocks. How should I mod the inital setup noted in the link to reach those speeds?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give it a shot and see what develops.

Well first go using your guide didn't do anything but put me back to default...FML...Take 2.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG

Here is stock with nothing OC'd back to Factory Default.

I've tried 3 times now to use the guide and have not had success....any suggestions?

Video, then setting won't stick...TBH there are things in the guide that I cannot quite correlate to what my system has setting wise.

A couple of hours in and no results has me asking is it worth getting to 4.5 when I was stable at 4.40

001.PNG 002.PNG 003.PNG

Ok so back to scratch. Here are the numbers and results at 4.4 using intel OC assistance. No tweaking past the intel OC.

Temps have a lot of head room IMO and I should be able to get more out of this setup. Question is how?

Treat me like a noob (not but wtfe) and please suggest the settings based off my system vs. the cookie cutter settings that I cannot seem to match with the guide provided.

Again thanks in advance.

That's almost 1.5V.. unless you want to kill the chip in 3 months you cannot run it that high. I get twitchy when my 2600K hits 1.39V, and it's been running around 1.38V for a long time.

That's almost 1.5V.. unless you want to kill the chip in 3 months you cannot run it that high. I get twitchy when my 2600K hits 1.39V, and it's been running around 1.38V for a long time.

Funny thing it's been running in this CFG for the last 2 years. It peaks at that voltage..not a constant.

Don't overclock through the app, go through bios. You need to use a fixed or override voltage.

Don't overclock through the app, go through bios. You need to use a fixed or override voltage.

I am using Visual BIOS and not an app. I just attempted again to follow the guide noted above and the pc goes to reboot..hangs...forced shutdown...settings don't stick.

Suggestions?

Slowly crawl up on the core voltage...

You have to have the worst chip ever if I needs 1.5v when under load for 4.4ghz... :(

What is visual bios? Are you hitting delete to get to it or is it in windows? Sorry I'm nkt aware... I tell boards are not exactly common to use. :)

Slowly crawl up on the core voltage...

You have to have the worst chip ever if I needs 1.5v when under load for 4.4ghz... :(

What is visual bios? Are you hitting delete to get to it or is it in windows? Sorry I'm nkt aware... I tell boards are not exactly common to use. :)

F2 to get to bios. It's Intel setting it to that core temp when i slide the Ghz slider from 3.3 to the 4.4. I've done a lot of research and it seems this mb and this cpu maxes at where I'm at.

I know not broke don't fix it...but the 4.9 to 5.2 on the 2500k was intriguing. Even looking at the benching tool i've not found a better score with the same gear.

Thanks to all that have replied.

Back