• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with overclocking AMD FX 4300 on GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome Icaki!

You'll want to turn off Cool & Quiet. Also I just wanted to caution you on overclocking on that motherboard. With it's 4+1 power phase you may notice VRM temps climbing quickly. Many of us put spot fans directly over the VRM heatsink to help keep this area cool.

Welcome Icaki!

You'll want to turn off Cool & Quiet. Also I just wanted to caution you on overclocking on that motherboard. With it's 4+1 power phase you may notice VRM temps climbing quickly. Many of us put spot fans directly over the VRM heatsink to help keep this area cool.

Thanks Blaylock,

I tried that, it still has that 7-20 variations... Really annoying, my computer is not working on a standard GHZ. it varies from 1600 to 3800...

I really don't want to overclock since i don't have proper cooling , but i just want it to be stable GHZ..

Your welcome.

Just for the record if you're just running at stock clocks on a stock cooler there's really no reason to disable Cool N Quiet though. You're not really getting any performance increase. The clocks should jump up to 3.9Ghz under load. All you're doing here is adding heat to your case.

Ok, thanks! I have another problem, if you know ofc.

My computer spec:
CPU : AMD FX 4300
GRAPHIC : RADEON R9 270 SAPPHIRE
RAM : 8 G DDR3 HYPERX
SSD : SAMSUNG EVO 750 120 GB

I have probelms with gaming, for example if i play Dota2 i cannot go HIGH even MEDIUM video settings, do i have a bad gaming configuration or i am doing something bad?

Thanks in advance

Since DOTA2 is an online game it could it be your internet speed is not up to it. I'm not familiar with that game (I'm not a gamer) so I don't know how demanding the game is. Your CPU would be the weak link there from a hardware perspective if it is a demanding game that is CPU intensive. That CPU was intended for more general purpose computing rather than intensive 3D gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

A little research reveals that dota2 does not need much computing power: http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

So I think your hardware should be very adequate. Is it your internet connection?

You should have no problems with that set-up. My kids rig is running a FX-4130 8Gb Ram with a HD7850. So a very similar set-up and they play Dota2 on 1080p all the time without issue.

Indeed, I think your internet speed is the issue. Here are my numbers.

Speedtest.PNG

Is a different ISP available to you that could give faster service?

Are you connected to the router via Wifi or ethernet? If Wifi, you might try a wired connection instead.

By the way, please attach your pics directly to your posts instead of linking them. There is a built in forum tool for this. Check the tool icons at the top of any new post window. Use the one that is third from the far right end to find and attach pics.

I think that packet losses are factored into the actual transmission speed reporting. They will have a negative impact on the reported speed because those packets have to be repeated. In other words, the more error correction going on, the slower the speed will be than if all the packets are surviving.

Guys thanks, i am able to play game on high now, i think it was because my cool&quit was enabled but not sure. I have another question, when i set up in my clock in bios to 4.200 GHz it doesn't recognize in my CPU-Z... Help!! What is the problem...

Do you have a pic ? That helps.
So setting 4.2 in BIOS give you what exactly in windows?

image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG

This is my bios settings, and this is what CPUz is showing New picture.png

In some other tread on question about AMD fx 4300 i see guys overlocking and CPUz is showing normal value of muliplier it's not written like mine (7-21)..
Dont understand..

Yours is showing the 21x multi which would be 4200 MHz. The CPUz screen is quite normal as well here's one of mine. Does the PC go to 4200 when under load?

jltys4.png

Back