• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED GTX460 screen artifacts, Unable to use and not working at all, What should i do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

My friend gave me a GTX460 that doesnt work and have the problems stated in the title, What should i do? should i flash the bios or what?
Btw its not wattage problem and i dont think its overheating too.

Solved by heating the core with heat blower gun:).

Last edited:
Flashing will not help that.
You can try baking it. If that doesn't do anything for it then throw it away.

Sadly, flashing the BIOS can't do squat! It's not like the GeForce GTX 660 Ti that was given to me, where my buddy, the previous owner, went ahead and flashed a BIOS from a different vendor.
A BIOS flash will only help in a situation where 3D is in some whacked power state and has phantom TDP throttling.

My buddy went ahead and flashed an Asus video BIOS to an eVGA GeForce video card and caused all or most 3D programs to be throttled with false reports of the TDP being exceeded.
Unigine Heaven would keep stuttering. It also caused apparent undervolting that cause random "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" (or similar) Windows errors.

After flashing an eVGA video BIOS, all the problems were gone! I got real lucky! I was beginning to think that my card was bad.

Unlike my case, your problem sounds like straight-up bad hardware!

Last edited:

Will an iron do the job? I cant use anything else :-/

Sadly, flashing the BIOS can't do squat! It's not like the GeForce GTX 660 Ti that was given to me, where my buddy, the previous owner, went ahead and flashed a BIOS from a different vendor.
A BIOS flash will only help in a situation where 3D is in some whacked power state and has phantom TDP throttling.

My buddy went ahead and flashed an Asus video BIOS to an eVGA GeForce video card and caused all or most 3D programs to be throttled with false reports of the TDP being exceeded.
Unigine Heaven would keep stuttering. It also caused apparent undervolting that cause random "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" (or similar) Windows errors.

After flashing an eVGA video BIOS, all the problems were gone! I got real lucky! I was beginning to think that my card was bad.

Unlike my case, your problem sounds like straight-up bad hardware!

Well it was in an old gaming machine for a couple of years :) Probably little overheated everytime my friend played a game.

Good news!
My dad is going to give me a blower fan that blows hot air at about 1000c (Or more) and i will try to heat it like that, Any suggestions on not ruining and burning other components?

Heated it with the blower for 20 mins at about 350c, Now waiting for it to cool.

Edit :
Success! Well not entirely cause i get some artifacts sometimes but it works!
It passed 1 Min of FurMark (1680x1050, x8 AntiAliasing) And Passed Heaven Benchmark (All 26 scenes) Without any artifacts!!

Last edited:
Back