• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey Donuts, get a life-lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donuts

Hi all, it's Donuts running his mouth again. I don't have a question or a problem, maybe a cold...

Anyway, it's Memorial Day, a time to reflect. It occurred to me that no one knows why I'm here.

My name is Tom. I lived in Maine with my wife, moved to SC as neither one of us was getting younger, and after wrist surgery, couldn't tolerate the bitter cold winters. My wife came to Charlotte for a NASCAR race, fell in love with the area and drug me down here the following spring for another race. Found a place to live, and returned to Maine to pack up the house.

Prior to the move I was active on the Folding team and ran SETI for a while, the pirate fleet invaded and I helped repel the boarders.:D

Just over a year ago, my wife passed away. Now it's just me and the cats, they don't talk much. Shed a LOT, but if they start talking, off to the funny farm I go.:screwy:
I was bored, and dug out the old desktop. (in the meantime, acceptable internet became available) Started playing a couple old games. Old 9800gx2 died, the OCF classies were the first place I started looking. While here, checked out this forum. Year old posts on page one?? Anyway, was lurking around, bought a replacement video card, and started dusting my wife's old desktop off. Boinc was installed on both old desktops...
Getting the old desktops running turned into good therapy. Now, with half dozen+ rigs slated for DC projects, my therapy has kinda turned into a job.

I do have a full time job. Set-up tech on golf course equipment. After my surgery, I couldn't return to Boilermaking or any other construction trade I knew, I had to do something. I have not been to college, or work IT. Pretty much the school of life and hard knocks. I'm also not some young kid, having already seen 50.

We're fortunate to have you with us, you ol' fart! ;) Hehe, jk. I'm not far behind you.
Thanks for sharing. Very sorry to hear about your wife, my friend.

Yep, I'm in a transition phase. Being a little older, I can take my own sweet time about it.:p

Wasn't looking for a sympathy card here, just the day, and the fact I look at this section of the forum and say to myself "gawd, shut up".
What pushed me to posting was realizing the others who are gone. I did a search on my 4p, ended up in a thread where Adak was posting about his...

Yes, I miss my wife. She was a major part of my life. (fwiw, we were married just shy of 28yrs) She was my biggest supporter and could also be my biggest critic.
And like a lot of marriages. If a tree fell in the woods, and no one was around to hear it, it was still my fault.
Cruel as it sounds, I do NOT wish she was still with me. (that would be selfish) She is in a much better place and out of pain.

Enough of the pity party. Got a 4p here that the KVM is not waking up. It's throwing heat, so I know it's running... Besides, got to get ready for work.

Back