• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some NAS goodness.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cdawall

Guess I can post it on here. Currently using command line forced lan teaming in windows 10 to connect with an intel 7260AC and 1GB wired. Seems to stream 4k to my wireless clients fine. Drive bandwidth works pretty well in everything by 4k random. I think I have however run out of slot bandwidth for overall speed. Even splitting to all 4 SAS ports I can't really break 700mb/s read or write. The CPU only provides a single gen 3 pci-e 4x and the card is a gen 2 8x.

Quick specs

AMD Athlon 5350 undervolted stock 2.05ghz
Some throw away 2x2GB kit until I grab a 16GB kit
Asrock AM1-H
10x2TB Seagate Constellation ES
120GB OCZ Trion
Adaptec 51645
Antec TPQ-850
Lian Li PC-Q26A

0507162358.jpg

0508160001.jpg

0507161039.jpg

So some update to this. It is stuffed in a cabinet with poor airflow, but it appears to be doing rather well. This is with an RDP open, and two different clients pulling 1080P streams.

1080x2.png

raid to SSD 9.7GB

transfer.png

raid to SSD 4.3GB

transfer2.png

SSD to raid 9.7GB

transfertoraid.png

Last edited:
Updating my NAS, swapping parts so I can do transcoding to the client units (having issues with high bitrate 1080P files) I have an additional 2x4GB laptop SODIMM kit to go in as well. Rest of the specs will be more or less the same. The raid card should have a bit more bandwidth available as well, the AM1 setup is limited to a pci-e 3.0 4x slot which would be down rated to a 2.0 4x using that card.

proxy-php.png

proxy-php609.png

Had to dig up a VGA monitor and pull my 5820K to update the bios, but got it up and going. Also further proof a stock 5820K doesn't need a fan lol

1020160007-hdr.jpg

Stuffed it in the case

1020160148-hdr.jpg

1020160148a-hdr.jpg

Sure you will love the improved CPU and PCIe bandwidth.

Excellent build, how do you like the 2650? I also saw that motherboard on newegg and wondered where it went, lol.

Excellent build, how do you like the 2650? I also saw that motherboard on newegg and wondered where it went, lol.

I have no issues out of it. Doesn't pull much power and has done everything I have asked of it. I wish I would have gotten the 14 or 18c, but it really wouldn't change anything more of a just because thing. I did finally upgrade it it to 32GB of ram as well and found that I could force the ram to 2400 instead of 2133.

32gb-running.png

They cables have numbers on them should be easy enough. What is weird is it is drawing enough power to freak the ups out.

I am actually going to use this as an excuse to swap to a set of 4 600GB 10K toshiba's for a bit of fast and a raid 6 array of 4TB's for storage. Maybe it is time to simplify a bit. Thing is still giving me hell at adding a drive back into the array. It doesn't seem to like 2TB drives that aren't those constellation ES's

Back