• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Microsoft lifecam studio works and then gets error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok i tried it.. Webcam still stopped working. Unplug all my usb ports expect obio keyboard and mouse. Webcam still messed up after 5 min, like i said it may work for 2 hrs, or 5 mins. Wth man 2 different webcams, and the logitech has window 10 drivers.

I dont want to loose all my programs though i hate downloading everything.. and yes I still have my windows installed on my c drive and use that for everything =/

so in device mangers I see under storage controllers as rock ramdisk has a yellow mark, says the driver isn't working and wont update it self..

Could that cause a issue, It looks likes its just a special effect that comes with my mobo?

It's possible your ramdisk maybe initiating allocating resources for webcam etc. Then failing and dumping the management it was handling. I guess.

I'd take a good look to make sure you have the latest USB 3.0 drivers from Asus.
If it's the board in your signature then people have had USB 3 issues.

After all that I'd probably try some DISM action in command prompt to check your windows install against the latest version online.

Then if all fails I'd mentally prepare for the joys of a reinstall. Yes, we all hate the tedious task but one of my laptops didn't want to live install win 10 so I downloaded the whole image and forced it to install from a USB stick and finally all was well. :)

alright fellas, thanks for the help. I most likely wont be back on this issue atleast lol. I got till the weekend to solve it, If it dont go through, Ill do a clean install this weekend.

I was reading online that alot of people who upgraded from windows 7 to 10, which I did as well. Had issues with drivers and web cams. So a clean install may not be a bad idea.

If a clean install dont work, I may never be back to this site, My pc will be taken to the woods for target practice.

Thanks again guys, I do appreciate it.

Oh well, if it's an upgrade install you'd have more chance picking a winning lottery ticket than getting the OS to take properly.

On the plus side you've got sufficient dark humour to survive the clean install process :D

ok... So I did a fresh install, windows 10 pro 64bit.

SAME GOD ***** **** * ** * * ** * * * * dang problem.

Seriously whats next on the list guys...

Fresh new drivers and everything seriously.....

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s/583c6f87-ffaf-4353-bf51-33e7756a8e3c?auth=1

Well here's some more disgruntled folk...

Removing the drivers in device manager and switching to a new USB hub may find a port that's happy.

Maybe try some USB diagnostic software.

http://freeusbanalyzer.com/

No idea if it's any good... I'm on my tiny droid phone.

Final thought. Have you got the latest bios installed on the motherboard... Quite often that fixes a multitude of evils. Though it's no rush job to update because if you brick it it's... Brown underpants time :D

I am still fighting this problem I dont get it.... Im starting to need my webcam more and more and its becoming a struggle.

Back