• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop screen goes blank

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well it originally used XP Media Edition and i wanted to keep it because i though i needed it for Dells 'Media Direct' feature and to keep low requirements. but now that i reinstalled Media Edition, that feature doesn't work anyways. plus my Windows 7 key is apparently blacklisted from the hundred or so installs ive done with it and i dont feel like buying it again. this version of Dell Media Edition apparently auto-activates windows when used on a Dell laptop.

i only plan on using this laptop in my truck to control my engines tuner regardless. i dont need it to be fancy. jsut good enough to run the tuning software called Binary Editor and EEC Analyzer. not that i havent upgraded it to its max postential. the laptop only supports 3gb RAM even tho 4gb is installed and dont think it supports 64bit. i upgraded the CPU form a 1.4ghz Celeron ot a 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo which was really nice. installed a an old SSD to make it faster and to make it more resistant to G-force since im using it in a truck that will occasionally be used for heavy offroading

Sounds like you defiantly need to stay where you are at, a new OS might not work with the tuning software and EEC analyzer software.

Back