• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overwatch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe we already have a thread about it. In case we don't I've put in a few hours but my ssd died so I'm waiting to get that back before I can start playing again.

@Kenrou the game is not close to UT.

@Kenrou the game is not close to UT.

I played the beta, it's PvP/Coop with objectives... It's UT (or a bad rehash of it IMO) :shrug: I compared it to UT simply because i haven't played many games of that genre (pretty sure there's games more appropriate).

It's more similar to team fortress. I always thought of UT as either being DM or capture the flag.

I played the beta, it's PvP/Coop with objectives... It's UT (or a bad rehash of it IMO) :shrug: I compared it to UT simply because i haven't played many games of that genre (pretty sure there's games more appropriate).

Been playing quake and unreal for a long long time lol. This game is nothing like it.

FWIW, I love the new unreal tournament, its just super buggy, and not nearly as polished as overwatch. Then again, its free...

Anywho that aside, I absolutely adore overwatch. I thought I would hate it because I've played TFC and TF2 to absolute death, but its quite refreshing and feels very different. Albeit the mechanics are fairly similar, the feel is just way better; as dumb as that sounds.

Albeit the mechanics are fairly similar

My point exactly. Looks nice in an anime sort of way like i said, and the short videos are AMAZING (especially the archer and hero), but there's too many games of the sort for me to get all hyped about it (and i really don't enjoy PvP tbh, much prefer a campaign with a story line).

Take it as personal opinion instead of a rebuke. The game is nice BUT nothing special :shrug:

Last edited:
I am in the camp where I believe the game is fun with friends and incredibly boring without them. I see the game plateauing off in 4-6 months. TF2 has higher social capital than Overwatch ever will, with greater teamplay complexity to boot.

I am in the camp where I believe the game is fun with friends and incredibly boring without them. I see the game plateauing off in 4-6 months. TF2 has higher social capital than Overwatch ever will, with greater teamplay complexity to boot.

Plenty of people said the same about League of Legends.... We see how that turned out.

You sure you're playing the same game as everyone else? Can you define what you mean by "social capital", because far more people are playing over watch than ever did with tf2. I.e. over watch is measured in millions of players while tf2 is measured in thousands....

Not to mention the Overwatch discord server alone seems to have a consistent 9k+ people on it with MANY playing, and that's just a small group in comparison to the total number of active players.

I was going to get this game for my nephew's birthday, but he didn't like the anime/cartoony look of it at all.

Finally... a game I'm good at. Been such a long time. I'm so passionate about this game. This morning I did a match where I got 46 kills and only died 3 times. It was so epic. I was number one for that match.
If you don't own this game and you like FPS games AT ALL, buy it. You will absolutely love it. This game is flawless.

I know this thread is old, but I feel the same, it's not good at all. but what I wanted to say is that there actually is a UT 4. it's in beta but it's awesome! and underrrated! unlike most reboots and stuff it still has the original games awesomeness with amazing graphics which run even on my crappy pc (r7 250x can run it at max with 40-fps If I remember correctly. had to re-install windows, I can't download it again :( I needed a vpn to download it because it was forbidden, and had to disconnect and re-install the VPN every 5 minutes because the VPN was a trial :D)

I know this thread is old, but I feel the same, it's not good at all. but what I wanted to say is that there actually is a UT 4. it's in beta but it's awesome! and underrrated! unlike most reboots and stuff it still has the original games awesomeness with amazing graphics which run even on my crappy pc (r7 250x can run it at max with 40-fps If I remember correctly. had to re-install windows, I can't download it again :( I needed a vpn to download it because it was forbidden, and had to disconnect and re-install the VPN every 5 minutes because the VPN was a trial :D)

Downloading NOW! Thanks for the tip.

Back