• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel 750 400 GB SSD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Although we have reviewed our share of SSDs in the past, we haven't seen many NVMe based solid state drives. In fact, only one from Dino back in March of 2015. These PCIe 3.0 x4 drives have been steadily improving in raw speed, and Input/Output Operations Per Second (IOPS), since that point and have almost doubled what we saw with the Kingston offering. We are finally starting to see new ones hit the shelves.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wound up getting one of these, my results are little different. maybe some of it is because its nearly full from my steam folder. Some of the number might interest a few, it is in a non-oc system. i thought i needed to change something in the bios, while there is a M.2 section in the bios for the Z97M OCF, nothing pops up that any NVE/m.2 drive is plugged in. i wonder if this is because its a NVE drive vs SATA based on M.2. i should say i dont have the intel toolbox installed, just the driver installed for the drive.

400gbi750m.2.jpg
400gbi750m.2write.jpg

Whats the speed of the m.2 slot its plugged in to? 32gbps or 10gbps... looks like the latter...

yea acording to the specs its 10gb/s
http://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/Z97M OC FORMULA/
but what gets me is my writes are higher then some of whats in the review, thats what got my attention. even on the read side my 4k and 4k Q32 numbers are higher, i would have figured the other way around. i get the 4k is in a slim margin so it could be up to the benchmarking variances but the 4k Q32 numbers though? i get my numbers on the read side should be lower on the 10gb/s but the writes? i thought the review was one on the faster connection, right?

Not a clue why it is lower in my review. I noted in the review my results were less than others with the same bench. About the only thing I didn't do was reinstall the review OS.

yea no os reinstall here, just plugged in and loaded my steam library on to it. im just puzzled thats all but hey i will take it!!

Back