• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i was on ebay and it happened!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
yea i was looking for another LGA1366 setup, snagged a deal! Asus RIIG board, like the one i have. it has 6gig of ram with a 920 that will get swapped out, with shipping works out to be $200, coming from CA across the boarder. now its just a waiting game for more money as it doesnt come with a hsf. then the plan is to upgrade to the ram to match my other RIIG along with either a X5660 or go X5670.

SCORE! Careful though, the "upgrade" path can be addictive... (as donuts looks around at the half dozen rigs gathering dust. Waiting for cool weather...)

lol, i think this second one will be enough... i still have to deal with the fact i cant get the hsf to fit in a case that says it will fit due to socket placement. now im on the hunt for some cases for them. LGA1366 is the cheapest platform to get a hex core running and near 4ghz for that matter...

lol, i think this second one will be enough... i still have to deal with the fact i cant get the hsf to fit in a case that says it will fit due to socket placement. now im on the hunt for some cases for them. LGA1366 is the cheapest platform to get a hex core running and near 4ghz for that matter...

Check out one of these, I got one and it has PLENTY of room for whatever you've got.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133306
Just be sure to carefully measure where it's going before pulling the trigger if you decide to because it is a big case, I had to modify my desk where this one is (Move a shelf up higher) for it to work but it was well worth it.
You can stuff a ton of fans in it too if you want, has all kinds of room and the like within.

Thank you for the link Dr. McCoy, just put in my 'egg wish list. Most of mine are caseless, the 2 cases I do have are 5+ yrs old.

yea thats an Eatx case my mobo's are mATX, im looking at getting the Fractal 1500's. on newegg they show support for 160mm hsf but another part shows support for 180mm hsf's, not sure which one to follow. either way the hsf i want is if i recall right 148mm tall but then i kinda want to get either the alphacool 120mm AIO or the NZXT x31 i just read on the front page. the AIO's are not much more then the hsf i was looking at being $72 from noctua.

I too was running cases at least 5 yrs old or more if they were even in a case at all but this one simply turned out to be "It". :)
I'll put this here to give an reference or idea of the actual size of the case.

33fdffcb_DSCF3043.jpeg

The board is a CHV-Z and that's a Scythe Susanoo CPU cooler you see on it.

I built my brother a system in one of those recently. Definitely love the case, needed some cable extensions to keep the wiring clean though.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't mind me, actually clicked on your link now and I see that is the x5 and not x9. If it is anything like it's big brother though it is a great case.

to make things work, im going with the CM masterliquid 240 AIO, it is new to the market. it is rather interesting, with the way the fins are, not like traditional rads. the price was right as i was thinking about $199 EK predator. i really didnt want to drop that much on aio/wc setup. going to test a few things out as i also bought some Phoybia E-Loop fans. i wanted to pick up some other CM fans to test as well but dont have the funds for all that, i went with the E-loops since they are also used on Swiftechs newest wc kit. i will post pics of the rad so you can see the fins when its gets here.

this might be the wrong section so i will make a new one in the cooling section. the hex has not been running since it needed to be moved for the weekend. since i couldnt get it to fit in the case it is kind of sitting. The other day i got my AIO CM MasterLiquid 240 Pro from PPC's, along with 2 phoybia E-loop 1.6k rpm fans,i am also going to test the AlphaCool fans on it as well. i wish i could get the other CM fans i was looking at, i wanted to compare the fans. That way i could see if the fans included where the right ones for the job like CM claims. as always they may have had their reasons for including the fans they did. i need to know if for the noise lvl im looking for, if im getting the best cooling possible from the rad/fan setup.

forgot to mention that i am going to get temps at different fan speeds on the Alphacools that are currentlly on the U12Pse HSF to compare to the CM AIO setup.

Back