• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic x-series X650 and SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoadknux

Hello everyone,

I'm going to purchase a second 680 GTX for SLI configuration, and I'd like to know if I need to upgrade the PSU as well. I tried to google it and found conflicting answers, as some say the 650W PSU should be fine while others recommend going 750W and higher. Any opinions/experience on this matter?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm going to purchase a second 680 GTX for SLI configuration, and I'd like to know if I need to upgrade the PSU as well. I tried to google it and found conflicting answers, as some say the 650W PSU should be fine while others recommend going 750W and higher. Any opinions/experience on this matter?

Thanks!

Personally and for peace of mind I'd prefer a quality 750 power supply for SLI. Can you list your complete hardware including your power supply?

Well, the 680 is 200w at stock IIRC.

If your CPU is a 4 core Intel from SandyBridge and up, you should be good, even allowing a mild OC on the GPU's/CPU (250wx2+100W).

If an AMD, pass and go for a 750w.

I

Personally and for peace of mind I'd prefer a quality 750 power supply for SLI. Can you list your complete hardware including your power supply?
I'll couple it with i5 2500k or AMD 8350 FX, 2x4 DDR3 sticks, 1x HDD, 1x SSD, and a few fans (~4-5).

Back