• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Log] Virtual Cosmos - Cosmos II VR PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First radiator sleeved

103.png

104.png

Alright, let's address these motors

105.png

106.png

Swapped the only white header on there for black

107.png

Sleeved the first pump

110.png

Screwed up and ripped the ribbon cable solder points

108.png

Doing some repair. Soldering in some jumpers

109.png

That should work fine

111.png

Both done! Not sure if I'll keep the backs blank or not. I'm a big fan of minimalism.

112.png

Finished pump assembly. Since I'm doing all custom cabling, I can do things that aren't standard. I'm using the Molex connector for two 12vdc channels in this case for the pumps.

113.png

I figured most people are but the input's always appreciated. Thanks! Trying to work up the motivation to push through this sleeving. It's pretty daunting.

Small update. Used a GPU header for three 12vdc lines. Two are for the pumps and one is for the internal Vive power.

Staple trick

114.png

115.png

116.png

Got around to sleeving the power cables.

DC passthough to Vive

117.png

118.png

119.png

PWM power injection

120.png

121.png

Looks nice plugged in

122.png

Lighting power

123.png

Vive and pump power

124.png

Aquaero power

125.png

More to come!

Better shot of the external Vive ports from the back

126.png

Ah ha! Found another white header. Going to rip that apart and replace it

127.png

Here's a shot comparing standard sleeving from MDPC on the sides with the fiberglass sleeving in the center. You can see here there's virtually no sheen with the fiberglass which is exactly what I wanted... except a different color, but I'll make it work

128.png

Another double USB cable

129.png

My internal USB hub looks nice fully populated

130.png

Getting the sleeving on the fans. Still need to crimp

131.png

Extending the thermistors

132.png

133.png

134.png

135.png

136.png

Turned out well!

137.png

Radiators done. Fans

138.png

More to come!

Last edited:
Finally got some time to work on this a bit more. Project isn't dead, just long. I decided to ditch the cable sleeving. The crimps were cutting right through the fiberglass and it wouldn't fit in the smaller headers. I'm going for more of a stealth look now. Trying to hide the cables altogether.

Didn't realize they made a flow meter with USB and Aquabus when I bought the first one. Just need to swap out the white header for black.
139.png

Found an Aquabus splitter too. It will be much easier to wire than doing a long chain between the devices. Again, swapping out the white header for black.
140.png

This is the way I'll be doing all the cables in the build. Black wire spiral braided (or whatever it's called).
141.png

Short 4 pin jumper.
142.png

Perfect place to mount my custom power injector for radiator fans. Each radiator has a color code for now but the tape will be coming off when it's complete.
143.png

Trying to reduce airflow restriction as much as possible.
144.png

Wrapped both temp sensors for each radiator together.
145.png

Much cleaner than it could have been!
146.png

This monstrocity needs to change. I'm trimming it down and using a 24 pin jumper from it spiral wrapped to clean things up substantially.
147.png

Smaller plug from the PSU done.
148.png

Much better! Now I can just tuck it in the bottom and jump up to the motherboard.
149.png

More to come!

Back