• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monoblock cooling - not getting good temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
- - - Updated - - -

I would have to pontificate that in the big picture,
At this price, you really can't afford NOT to have three more fans:D

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cors...p120l-2000-rpm-replacement-120mm-pwm-fan.html

example of the hydro fans I referenced earlier. I'm sure they may be less expensive out there.

Cheers

EDIT: or three more or those EK fans you got. I have those on The Bianch.

Now ur just making fun of me good sir, thats alright xD

I saw that u were geting 82c with 4.8GHZ!! oc on that 4790k.. IM SO JELLY :x
and now i saw that 5ghz 6700k... on 75C wow... why is my cpu block ****ting on my like this ;_;
call me jellyfied
Im filled with new hope for my system after browsing ur builds and oc logs. To hell with hard tubing, im ordering some fans and doing a massive cleanup of the mess i made with the rad.

Now that you mention the corsair link it would be worth disabling that and running something like hwinfo64 to verify your problem. May save you some heartache. Either way turn the fans around.

Either way, disassemble and clean all components.
And I'd still get that dye out of there...

Sorry for posting so much. But i want to have some suggestions this time around instead of just ordering lots of stuff and then finding out its not compatible.

I am concerned if i add a push pull system to the top radiator, i might not have enough clearing for the monoblock tubing. If i decide to go for 3x slim 120x120x12mm fans pushing and the vardar pulling, would that work?
Im considering these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scythe-slip-stream-slim-2000rpm-fan-120mm-fg-044-sy.html

Would they need to have same RPM (the slims and the vardars) for optimal cooling?

Now ur just making fun of me good sir, thats alright xD
Hardy har, I'd never make fun of you. At least behind your back:p

Yeah, room is a always a problem. I got one of the biggest cases I could find that wasn't a small house and I still had to mod the top cover.
I hate that some of those AIOs, most all of them, come only with one side of fans, and some cases basically go with that.
You'll get alright performance from one side after you switch them around and clean up everything else.

"Corsiar Link"!!! I missed that. Ditch that shiat right now. Its a POS and will only cause problems.
Sure its neat to visually map out all your stuff and see all kinda cool info.
The usb connection is worthless except to change colors of your res or block lighting.
so ditch that now also. It also doesn't pwm worth a crap. Ditch it now.
Per Lochekey, get HwInfo, it will tell you everything and more.

Those slims won't do diddly as far as pushing or pulling. I have a similar one on The Bianch, but for circ only.
When I added the additional fans to the Predator on The Bianch, I had issues, but paired them together with a couple splitters(4-pin) and plugged them into cpu_opt.
Then in the Bios I just set them to the same profile as cpu_fan. It never runs exactly the same, but close enough.
(Use your bios software to set-up fan profiles/performance. You should have some slick tools in there to do it)

Well, that's about all you can understand for now!! har har, JK, no not really, bwah ha,hardy , choke..spittle...cough:cool:
Keep at it, You'll get those temps.
Frankly I am worried I may not be able to match them in the big case...
Another story a different thread....

Salud

I would not worry about going with a push pull configuration at this point. With a 360 rad on a cpu loop only you have plenty of headroom to play with. If you are able to buy some fans I would recommend pouring some more in the front our bottom of the case to help get fresh air in. It will also help pressurize the case slightly so your case is not on the negative pressure side when you turn your rad fans around.

The other option would be to use your current rad fans as case fans and buy some new high performance fans for the radiator.

Sorry for posting so much. But i want to have some suggestions this time around instead of just ordering lots of stuff and then finding out its not compatible.

I am concerned if i add a push pull system to the top radiator, i might not have enough clearing for the monoblock tubing. If i decide to go for 3x slim 120x120x12mm fans pushing and the vardar pulling, would that work?
Im considering these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/scythe-slip-stream-slim-2000rpm-fan-120mm-fg-044-sy.html

Would they need to have same RPM (the slims and the vardars) for optimal cooling?

I wouldn't do that since going push/pull won't help you that much here.

Like Lochekey suggested, you could add some good case fans instead to move some fresh air into the case.

Yeah, +1 on keeping with three rad fans.
Its just my nature for overkill...

Lochekey said:
...use your current rad fans as case fans and buy some new high performance fans for the radiator.
I can't tell which EK Vardar fans you have, but I believe all EK Vardar fans are designed for high performance liquid cooling.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/fans-accessories/shopby/brand--ek-waterblocks/
I'd stick with those on the rad. I think once you get your messed cleaned up, everything should work fine.
With the rad fans flipped, you'll be in business!!
More case circulation can never hurt, pull it in through the front and push it out the back.

Luego

EDIT: Oh, yeah-if you haven't sub'd, I installed the mobo with the water-block in my case yesterday.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...List-project?p=7937072&viewfull=1#post7937072

Finally some time off after being done with my exams and a engagement party, i can enjoy taking apart my water loop :clap::clap:

So! first thing i did was open the loop, now being a fkin noob i am... i didnt have a drain loop... SO **** ME, im definitly getting a drain loop on my next build (Im thinking MiniITX for my gf ;D)

i wish i had a drainloop.jpg
i wish i had a drainloop2.jpg

After that i drained my loop, which had abit of gunk inside, i saw some really wierd small pieces of gunk. NO idea what it was. BUT i did clean my sink so i could see the shieeet inside rad and then did a rad dance, keep in mind much of my gunk came loose when i was disasembling the rad and loop, so alot of it went into the monoblock, which u will see in the later photos.

afterraddance.jpg

After doing the rad dance, i once again filled it with boiling disitlled water and some vinegar (35%) to let it cool off then do rad dance once more. In the meantime i opened the monoblock, which was a daunting task for me cus it had O-rings and **** invovled so i wasnt too happy about doing this surgery, but it had to be done!

tomanyscrews.jpg

So many SCREWS!

gunk.jpg
wow.jpg

The keen eyed of you will see the small shieeet built up on the corners. BUT WAIT ITS MORE!

****.jpg

This CLOTH i specifiacly bought for this clean. Brand NEW, and it was just used on some parts of the block, LOOK AT IT! wtf, i havent even had my pc on for more than 3 days MAX :rofl:

monoblock.jpg

People wondering how a naked monoblock looks like, so sexy :drool:
I cleaned the block parts with vinegar and distilled water (never used sink water). Cus thats how i roll. Im now waiting for my new fans and thermal pads... cus i CUT up EACH pad for each mofset and that didnt work out too well, i clearly saw that the thermal pads didnt get the "markings" from the mofsets and other ****...yeah im stupid like that xD...

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NOOOBYNESS :D
PS: i solemny swear from now on to always do a rad dance when using a new rad >_>

Looking good imafan!
Yeah, WOW sexy. More parts than I thought there would be.
Now I know whats inside mine. Thanks:cool:

Cheers

Hey all!
Im finally finished cleaning the monoblock,radiator and pump. Ive installed to new AF140 fans on the front sucking air in, turned around the rad fans to push. Replaced the pastel with distilled water and killcoil. Inserted the PWN controller for pump and turned it to max. And removed corsair link.

Ive got the same cpu temp as before... still at 80-82C... should i just give up and just think that i got a bad CPU?
phpyujaAYPM.jpg phpbBPYurPM.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried a different temp monitoring program. I like hwinfo64 personally.

Have you tried a different temp monitoring program. I like hwinfo64 personally.

HWmonitor, cputemp etc you name it. I can try hwinfo64 later but i doubt it will help..

Its also my third time reseating that monoblock. Been the same temp all 3 times..

Are you still running the corsair link as well I know that has caused issues in the past for other users.

You should download the"tuf detective' app. I haven't finished my build yet, so I haven't personally tried it. I'm running the same mobo though and its supposed to allow you to view the temps that your mobo is saying you have from your cell phone and not use some type of 3rd party program like that. Also I heard it's bad to use kill coil when you have nickel in your system (not that I believe it has anything to do with this issue but to prevent possible future issues I'd just recommend a biocide)

- - - Updated - - -

Also I can't tell from the pic which way your flow is going but make sure you're using the port on the right of the monoblock as your inlet

You should download the"tuf detective' app. I haven't finished my build yet, so I haven't personally tried it. I'm running the same mobo though and its supposed to allow you to view the temps that your mobo is saying you have from your cell phone and not use some type of 3rd party program like that. Also I heard it's bad to use kill coil when you have nickel in your system (not that I believe it has anything to do with this issue but to prevent possible future issues I'd just recommend a biocide)

- - - Updated - - -

Also I can't tell from the pic which way your flow is going but make sure you're using the port on the right of the monoblock as your inlet

I cant seem to download the suite from asus/utilites for some reason. I doubt all the different programs ive used to test temp is wrong... but if u can give me a working link ill ofc try, ill try anything at this point...
Ive connected tubing from the pump "OUT" to the right side of the monoblock. The screenshot u posted is from the manual i used when i installed it.

Something i noticed is that when i ran my rad fans on max 2200rpm the temps decreased to 75c with prime95 and intelburntest. So a cooler 5c... thats pretty wierd..

Could you guys also check if my voltages on my non-oc 6700k is normal?

Attachments

• screenshot_temps.jpg
    screenshot_temps.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 335
Your CPU voltage looks pretty high, hence why your'e seeing your high temps. Is everything set at stock settings?

YESSSSSSSS! stable at 60c with 1.2 core voltage :D i seriously have no idea why it was so high on stock... :S
im so happy :D

Thanks everybody for helping out, i was literally on the brink of just giving up. Thanks again! now ill go back to playing around with OC and see what kind of ghz i can get out of this cpu :D

Last edited:
Back