• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice for a new motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

My Asus A88xm-plus is tired and terminally ill. I want to use an A10-7850K. This will probably be the last combo I will build.
I still enjoy a little O/C ing. So I am asking, which board would you pick. The memory is Gskill 2300 and the cpu hides under Noctua NH-D15. We live in the tropics, so cooling is very important.

Thanks for your help over the years.

Problem Solved. I bought an Asus A88 X-PRO and plan on adding AMD A10-7890K. Zooom, Zooom. Now I need to add the perfect memory to this stupendous PC. Any ideas for the right memory would be greatly appreciated, 16 GB should be fine.
Thank you

If you plan on using the iGPU then 2400 would be my recommendation. Not sure you need 16Gb but the higher speed aids the IGPU since it has no Vram and relies on system memory. The APUs are limited to 2400 unless you up the base frequency which after 106 can really make things unstable.

Johan45,

Is there a brand name that performs the best? Ok, 16GB is out, 8GB is in. is it better to fill all 4 slots?

I always prefer G.Skill with AMD right now and just get a 2x4 GB set if you find you need more down the road you can add then. The IMC in the AMD's are a bit finicky when you have the slots full.

Your recommendations are on the boat. I should have them this week.
Again, thanks for all of your support.
See signature.

No, I don't think the wife would know. She's not dumb, but wether it goes xx fast or xxxx fast, she is just happy it works.

Back