• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED A question about a PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Hello everyone! :)
I have a question about my PSU (Not the one in the sig)
I have a small form factor PSU from Sun Pro that i had in my Mini ITX PC for about 4 years and it worked great.
Now my question is how reliable is this PSU? Its a 250Watt PSU and it worked great for 4 years of usage.
I want to use it in my testing bench cause its the most legit PSU i have and i trust it the most (Have some Zeus and other crap that you get in old office PCs)

Also found this post but i cant access the source website :-/

Last edited:
It's not reliable. Regulation and ripple are horrible. It's a dirt cheap, bottom of the barrel, OEM PSU.
Sorry Mark. I just don't want you to blow anything up with it.

It's not reliable. Regulation and ripple are horrible. It's a dirt cheap, bottom of the barrel, OEM PSU.
Sorry Mark. I just don't want you to blow anything up with it.

Ok :-/
Ill search for another one.
and i have a problem with my testing bench, I forgot old mobos dont support USB windows installation lol, Gotta install it from a disk now :/

Ok i have 2 more PSUs that i can use,
1: EZCOOL 450Watt
2: NEOTech 500Watt

Which one is the best? or should i stay with the Sun Pro?

I really gonna use this pc alot in the summer and ill watch it everytime i do something, So the moment it catches fire or i smell something ill turn it off immediately.

Last edited:
I found something that is UL but its backwards R and normal L which i searched the number under it and its a UL number apperantly.
Sun Pro PSUs Number : e210743.
EZCOOL PSUs Number : Not found.
NEOTech PSUs Number : Not found.
So i guess the Sun Pro is the most trustable? or should i search more for these numbers? any tips on how they might look?

The UL number will be an 'e' number like the SunPro's.
Sunpro is an OEM manufacturer. They make their own PSU's and some Raidmax.
No number on the others is a bad sign. That usually means super poor quality or not sold in the US.
Based on your 3 choices, use the SunPro.

Last edited:
The UL number will be an 'e' number like the SunPro's.
Sunpro is an OEM manufacturer. They make their own PSU's.
No number on the others is a bad sign.

Still didnt find any "e"s on the other PSUs, So i guess my best PSU to use is the SunPro huh?
How can i watch it more carefully so nothing happens?

You can't. Just don't overload it and use your nose.

Ok not overloading. Thanks! :)
Here is what the rig consist of :
CPU : Intel C2Q 8400 @ 3.2GHZ 1.3125Volt Stable (30 Min test, Tested it 1 hour @ 3GHz and its stable)
Mobo : MSI P35 Neo
RAM : 2x2 Sticks of RAM, 2.1 Volt@1000MHz (Deafult)
GPU : Nvidia GT7300
Fans : 1 CPU fan, 1 MOLEX fan, 1 normal 3 pins fan.
HDD : 80 GB Hitachi Deskstar (With the 3 pins fan on top cause it gets really got and i dont want anything to happen to it)
USB Devices : 1 keyboard and 1 mouse, Sometimes i connect a USB internet stick.
PSU : Sun Pro 250Watt.
Front panel : Power button, Reset button, HDD Led.

The overclocked Q8400 probably takes around 150Watt

Last edited:
Btw is there a difference if 220V comes out of the wall? (Im not from Murica so no 120V)

Also Stresstested the RAM for 35 Mins and its stable too. Just in case you know ;)

Not in output, no.

As I said, you need to look on the label to see how much amperage/wattage is on the 12v rail. An old 250w psu will likely not have close to 250w on the 12v.

17 amps on the +12.
That's 204 watts.
Realistically, given the quality, I wouldn't think that you would get any more than 150w.

17 amps on the +12.
That's 204 watts.
Realistically, given the quality, I wouldn't think that you would get any more than 150w.

Ok thanks :)
Ill try to get a better PSU in a PC i will find :p
I guess no more overclock :p

Thanks everybody who responded! :)
Ill try to buy a new 350-500 80+ PSU ASAP!

Closing thread.

Back