• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED STEAM, best way to install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK! so steam support has been no help, Comcast has been no help.
digging around the interwebs I find it might be in port forwarding in my router.
I have tried three port forwarding guides from the webs to no avail.
does anybody have a screenshot of their port forwarding rules I can try?

All i can say is I don't change anything from default on my routers and I've never had any issues

I made all those rules.
some are to be tcp and some udp, I made them that way, some are duplicates and I could not make them.
still get the same message from steam. cannot connect to steam servers.
anything else I can try?

I made all those rules.
some are to be tcp and some udp, I made them that way, some are duplicates and I could not make them.
still get the same message from steam. cannot connect to steam servers.
anything else I can try?
Have you tried to set your router in the DMZ or port forwarding all, just to test.

strange thing is I can't even see the rig in connected devices in the Comcast router to even be able to set a dmz for it, but i'm using it to type this now?????????
could antibecon be causing it not to be listed in the router?

What happens if you bypass the router entirely and just go directly to the modem? Or do you have one of those garbage all-in-ones?

strange thing is I can't even see the rig in connected devices in the Comcast router to even be able to set a dmz for it, but i'm using it to type this now?????????
could antibecon be causing it not to be listed in the router?
What DMZ options does your router have so maybe I can help, can you get into your router screen?

ok, my modem is a Comcast all in one, so I can't bypass it.
in the modem is an option of a dmz per machine.
I spent some time on the phone with Comcast, the modem only showed two things connected, my little bees laptop, that has not even been booted in a year and the wireless router that is sitting on top of it in the closet.
the modem would not show anything else connected to it.
they are shipping me a new modem.

got the new cable modem, connects to steam as soon as I do the basic configuration, plug it in and sign in and steam is ready to go.
the install will have to wait, I have to finish changing a drive in my file storage rig, and stupidly they are buried in the thing...........

set it up to download while out to dinner and it all installed just fine, the cable modem was the bug in the works.
when you install the games you can select the drive and folder you want to install the steam game to.

set it up to download while out to dinner and it all installed just fine, the cable modem was the bug in the works.
when you install the games you can select the drive and folder you want to install the steam game to.

Will it make a new folder if it is not there?

This isn't the right place, you are correct... I would start another thread in the appropriate section and 'spell out' whatever "TESO" means. This will get your the most responses. :)

This isn't the right place, you are correct... I would start another thread in the appropriate section and 'spell out' whatever "TESO" means. This will get your the most responses. :)

Yeah sorry, I dont want to start a thread cause i dont have alot of time to play.
Also TESO means : The Elder Scrolls Online.

Your time to play the game has no bearing on where the appropriate place is to start the thread. But since 'teso' has nothing to do with where you install steam games, another thread is warranted.

Start it up... they will come. :)

Your time to play the game has no bearing on where the appropriate place is to start the thread. But since 'teso' has nothing to do with where you install steam games, another thread is warranted.

Start it up... they will come. :)

Ok.

Back