• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Event 7000, Service Control Manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caressthyself

Hey guys, new here and making my first thread. Hopefully I don't get yelled at or anything for this.

I keep seeing this constant error on Event Viewer.

Event 7000, Service Control Manager

The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service service failed to start due to the following error:
This version of Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I see that it's clearly saying I have the wrong version, but I can't find a download for whatever Intel service it's referencing. I searched the Intel site and came across this download here, but once downloaded and the setup starts, it says my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

I'm also having a lot of network issues after booting up my PC from sleep mode. I see many Event 1014, DNS Client Events as well as Event 10010, DistributedCOM warnings.

A (very) brief background of my computer's history:

I recently fresh installed Windows 7 after a series of issues that came from a faulty power supply that caused my computer to just randomly shut down at times. It got so bad that I couldn't even boot. This new one is running fine, except for these issues specified here.

I've never asked for help on a forum about these things since I can usually find an answer online, but these just have me stumped. :screwy:
I'd appreciate any and all help, and I think the Intel service doesn't seem to be messing with anything specifically, but these DNS issues are getting to me. Thanks in advance.

Back