• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet settings ruined by advanced system care

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

As the title advises Internet settings ruined by advanced system care have tried to undo these changes with restore point and undo in the asc software my internet is total crap now. On adsl dl speed was 10-11mbs on speedtest now barley getting 8.

If anyone knows how to fix this would greatly appreciate.

Have tried;

winsockfix.exe
TCPOptimizer.exe
WinsockReset.exe

No success so far :mad:

Yes time correct, I think I fixed it. Used tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup went to about step 5 whichever has repair envionrment and after I did that did another reg clean up with cc cleaner then did a speed test and speed seems to be back to normal. Will never use asc for any tweaking again.

Tip for you:
all of those one stop shopping tweaking utilities and fixit utilities are junk. They do more damage to your OS than good. Stop using them. You'll be much better off. There is no magic program that will increase your ISP's speed. That is out of your control short of buying a faster connection if available.

Last edited:
Cant speak for the other ones, but TCPOptimizer did a bang up job of tweaking my card. Every page i go to loads near instantaneous instead of taking a few seconds, downloads stay at the cap instead of spiking up and down and streaming is much faster. Max speed ofc stays the same but overall browsing is much better then the default Windows settings :thup:

Placebo effect.
You could make all those adjustments yourself without that program.

Probably could if i actually understood a single thing about what settings to use with LAN boards :shrug: but i can say i have been using it for years on multiple OS and so far zero issues.

Tip for you:
all of those one stop shopping tweaking utilities and fixit utilities are junk. They do more damage to your OS than good. Stop using them. You'll be much better off. There is no magic program that will increase your ISP's speed. That is out of your control short of buying a faster connection if available.

I agree. Stay away from them like the plague, especially the free ones. Most of the are bundled with malware or are a conduit for malware.

Back