• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two questions about: cassette recorder and cassettes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Hello everyone!
I have a question about the cassette recorder Panasonic RQ-L319 and cassettes,
Is the Panasonic RQ-L319 good for recording music? if so what are the ideal volumes and all that stuff?
And another question, What cassettes should i buy to record music? I saw These two 1 2
and i wonder which one is better? and if the sony cassettes are better is it worth the extra 12$?

No....recording music on that (whether internal or external mic is used) will produce extremely low quality playback.

No....recording music on that (whether internal or external mic is used) will produce extremely low quality playback.

Hmm.. Thanks!
How can i make the quality better or how can i record it on a cassette without buying anything expensive?

Just put a small MP3 player inside the cassette player...

I dont want to put a MP3 player cause i want it to play a cassette, But its a good idea :)

I call BS on that.....look above that ad at others ;)

Besides....I can only imagine the sound quality using the speaker on that cassete player will be suckage no matter the quality of the tape it's playin'

Last edited:
I call BS on that.....look above that ad at others ;)

Oh i see, 2.5$ is fine, ty :).
Btw how does it work? is it just looks like cassette but has a SD slot for music and stuff? or what?

Edit: Holy S*** i just saw there are cassettes with the music i want! But they're from just 1 artist :(
Here is the link

It's hard to find a "MP3 cassette" nowadays, but Bluetooth "cassettes" are still easy to find. Would that work?
https://smile.amazon.com/Audio-Cassette-Adapter-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B00I3YLHAC/
I still think your best bet is to modify the Walkman, unless it's a rare one you would want to keep as is.

Thats cool but eh.. I want to put it inside a walkman and see it spinning and making noise (Well thats what its called nowadays because of the quality) and stuff :p, But thanks!
Also how can i modify the walkman? i will listen to it with headphones btw cause the speaker is so bad :-/.

And here you can see not only me looking for it :p thats actually pretty cool.

Hmm, Maybe buy a tape deck?
I dont want anything expensive (Above 10$) cause i will really only use it to record about 5? hours.

Too bad - I threw away all my old cassettes about 2 months ago...would have shipped to you!

Too bad - I threw away all my old cassettes about 2 months ago...would have shipped to you!

:-/ Its fine, My dad should have a lot of cassettes somewhere in the house but i dont want to dig deep in the
drawers cause its a mess there :p.

Get a recorder at Goodwill?

Ooooh, I checked it and found some tape decks under 10$, The thing is that i have to pay the shipping and i think it will be pretty expensive cause it will weigh about 10-15 pounds (Or 5-7.5Kg)

When cassettes fell out of favor in lieu of CDs and eventually MP3s/digital music, NO ONE MISSED THEM. Please please please just use something else. :p

Back