• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beware Sidewinder Computers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robble

Ordered a bunch of fittings. Received half the order a week later. Emailed to ask where the other half was. He said he had to drop ship them from enzotech (the website said they were in stock when I ordered them). That reply was on June 4th. Today is the 26th.

I've sent two followup emails since the 2nd that haven't been responded to.

Doing some research showed me that this is par for Sidewinder. Lots of complaints on the web about him.

Wow. I use Sidewinder all the time. Never had a problem. It's one of my go to places. :shrug:

I have ordered from them once. Did not have any issue with my order. Shipping was a little slow as compared to say Amazon but still within what I consider an acceptable timeframe.

Cannot say my single purchase is a good dataset of what typical business with this site is like but I will be interested to see what others have to say about their experiences.

i to for a long time only used siderwindercomputers for hsf ect and some bits i couldnt find else where back in the day. i think i use to order 2-3 for times a year for 3-4yrs straight never a problem. im sorry to hear that, they should have at least the day after the order told you they were out of stock on items. some places have older software to keep track of items that are in stock, you would think they would try to keep up to off what other sites do for in stock on the site.

seems unusual...

if you google any company there are complants about the same thing. Not sure I should beware honestly. :)

sorry it happened. I would call and escalate the issue.

Geez....he (since this is a one man operation) even has a Resellerratings.com link on the landing page....3.7?
Doesn't anybody do even basic research before sending somebody their money? A lot of small etailers start strong but sputter down the road.....always check recent ratings.

Geez....he (since this is a one man operation) even has a Resellerratings.com link on the landing page....3.7?
Doesn't anybody do even basic research before sending somebody their money? A lot of small etailers start strong but sputter down the road.....always check recent ratings.
Whaaa?
It wasn't a one man operation when they took over Petra's Tech Shop.

Wonder what happened there...though I don't see a rating past August of last year either.

He had 804 5 star and 14 4 star ratings totaling 818. He had 25 total 1's (no 2's/3's). That's a good 70% success rate... :rofl:

Sidewinder hasn't touched their Facebook page in two years. Given it's location, I'd have expected at least annual shipments-delayed-this-week-because-of-the-latest-snowstorm post.

Back