• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X99-A2 and 5820K overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoD_tattoo

Ok, so it's been a while since I've done any serious overclocking, and never with an Asus board. I feel completely lost in the Bios as I think the only voltage I recognize is Vcore. Seems like every time they come out with something new the change the name on everything.

That being said, can someone explain what I'm looking for, name wise to change, and maybe a basic how to guide for X99? I've looked around searching here and on google and couldnt find one that dealt with Asus boards. Seems like everyone is leaving power saving features on nowadays.

I'm not looking for crazy clocks. (at first) I'm just looking for maybe 4.2 or 4.3 and getting my ram up to 3000 which is its rated.

If anyone can point me to a guide or help an old guy out, I'd appreciate it.

for memory, make sure your bios for the board is updated and just set xmp. once that is done (may set bclk to 125 note) then it is just multiplier and vcore is all you are going to need really. I'd start at 1.25V and 4.2 and see if that boots.

update your signature when you have a chance so we know what cooler you are working with among other parts. :)

for memory, make sure your bios for the board is updated and just set xmp. once that is done (may set bclk to 125 note) then it is just multiplier and vcore is all you are going to need really. I'd start at 1.25V and 4.2 and see if that boots.

update your signature when you have a chance so we know what cooler you are working with among other parts. :)

^This, and maybe one or two notch up on the System Agent (+0.100/0.150 extra offset, stabilize with high speed DDR4).
Maybe the input voltage to 1.85/1.9v, but I don't think it's necessary below 4.5/4.6GHz on those CPU's.

He may need the SA voltage because of capacity 32gb. He will not need to touch input voltage with the vcore so low (nothing to do with clocks).

Ok so updated bios, set xmp, upped SA by .100 offset, and......it booted. Ram is at 3000 but it looks like the power saving settings are still on as cpu is idling at 1.5ghz. It did set the strap to 125.

Change windows power settings to performance and/or disable C states in the bios. That hasnt changed from the last couple of generations. :)

Seems like everything else has lol. Thanks for the help. Got it at 4.2 right now at 1.2 vcore.

Back