• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash Freezing - Win 7 x64 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

Hey all,

I have a recurring issue after a clean install of Win7 Pro x64 where any flash content freezes after only a few seconds of playing. I even bought a new video card thinking it was a driver issue, and to move away from using the onboard video ($30 card, so no biggie).

I went and did the install from adobe's site prior, and that did nothing.

The new video card worked great for a day, then the freezing came back. I have had hardware acceleration turned off since day 1.

Weirdest fix was that I read that the wireless adapter can screw this up if it has the wrong drivers. I checke donline and could not locate the appropriate drivers off the manufacturers website, so I swapped to a Netgear adapter I had sitting around, ensured a clean driver install, and fixed it immediately. Then tons of windows updates later, back to having the same issue. Now there is another set of Windows updates asking me to reboot that I JUST noticed, so instead of retyping all of this I will reboot and post a reply or edit noting if this fixed the issue or not. (At least someone else in the future may be able to avoid the problem)

Regards,

DB

Many updates applied, many reboots, and issue remains.

Also, there is no sound ever now when video plays.

Yay...

Have you tried a different browser? Isn't flash only used in browsers?

Can't say I have the issue... fully updated on all my OS's..Never saw this in W7 64 (on W10 now).

Went back to HTML5 player, which had been having issues initially which is why I went to Flash... no issue at this time...

Who the hell knows...

Ok, so it is happening in HTML5 again. And it is totally browser independent. I keep clearing the cache, and the latest thing is that in Mozilla I turned off Flash's ability to save data locally... thus far it was ok.

Also, started using Private Internet Access VPN and it was great right up until the VPN connection got real slow itself...

Back