• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Crimson drivers not setting fan speed to normal after game exits...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

So I set the AMD profile of my games to run the fans at 100% speed.... I set the AMD Global overdrive settings to run the fans at auto...

When I launch a game my fans spin up to 100% just like it's supposed to.

But when I close the game, the fans are still at 100% and when i go look at my AMD Global overdrive settings it says that the fan settings are 100%... so overdrive changes to the game's overdrive settings...

Anyone else have this problem?

Unless I'm reading wrong you are using Crimson drivers on 4870 cards. Those are not compatible with Crimson. You should be using CCC instead. My suggestion is use something like MSI Afterburner to force the settings. Crimson fan profiles are hit or miss imho. G/L

Z

Unless I'm reading wrong you are using Crimson drivers on 4870 cards. Those are not compatible with Crimson. You should be using CCC instead. My suggestion is use something like MSI Afterburner to force the settings. Crimson fan profiles are hit or miss imho. G/L

Z

OH really? That's odd, since crimson clearly has the ability to change the fan speed on the card, seems like it would be a simple software fix to get crimson to apply the global settings correctly....

also when you go to the AMD site and select drivers for "HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series" and select windows 10 it takes you straight to the crimson drivers... So why are they incompatible?

I'm not trying to disparage your answer or say you're wrong, i'm curious.

FYI using 16.6.1 driver revision.

Also I'm using sapphire trixx to force the setting but it does not return the card to auto after game exits, I do still want my fans tick kick to 100% while in game but go back to auto when not in game. Would this be possible with any other programs like afterburner, or a combination of programs like crimson and afterburner?

Forgive me but in your sig it says you are using (2)4870 cards in CrossFire. Am I mistaken? As far as I know Crimson shouldn't run on those cards. Either way try MSI AB and see if it will help. And yes, you should be able to set a profile for a game and then return to your regular desktop profile after exiting the game.

Z

Back