• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flush New Radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adenineX

Registered
Do I need to flush my new radiator? It seems like some people swear you need to and others do not without any problems. I have also heard that lower end radiators have more flux and crap in them, which means you should flush. What is the right answer? Hehe. If it is that simple. I have a Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2. It is installed with fans already and I am leaning towards not taking it apart and flushing it.

Yes, you do. Check the stickies for the "radiator dance".

Do I need to flush my new radiator? It seems like some people swear you need to and others do not without any problems. I have also heard that lower end radiators have more flux and crap in them, which means you should flush. What is the right answer? Hehe. If it is that simple. I have a Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2. It is installed with fans already and I am leaning towards not taking it apart and flushing it.

Always flush your radiators regardless what companies or people say heck EK has told their buyers not to flush the rad well...then the problems started all that flux inside their blocks...not to say their rads are bad no it just means flush them properly.
Hardwarelabs makes one of the cleanest rads out there but this does not mean you should not flush them. Pour some hot distilled water and do the rad dance pour into bowl and check to this like 6 times rinse and repeat.

Or use a inline filter 5 micron with a underwater pump to circulate the water the filter will block all crap.

Or use Mayhem Blitz cleaning kit part 1 is for rads.

Another approach is hooking it to your main tap water (don't use to much force ie turning your tap all the way!!) and let it run for 30 min but use caution since the water has minerals and bio parts when done rinse very well with distilled at least a couple of times.

In short always flush your rads to save your self allot of problems if you don't.

That is a must regardless on the rad company. I had to flush my SR1 480mm at least 10 times before it was in the clear. I just used distilled and danced with it till my arms couldn't take it no longer. The SR1 480mm being the bigger of the 3, SR1 240mm and SR1 360mm took longer to flush clean. I still flushed the other rads during my annual tear downs regardless as I still found some debris. Must have gotten loosened up after a while.

Thanks for all the input. I cleaned it out last night and am glad that I did. There was not very much that came out and after a couple of flushes didn't have anything more. Glad to get rid of the little particles.

Back