• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Novice Nimble #10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Today and tomorrow, I have to have all my subs in by midnight tomorrow. I time out of the novice league at that point

Also using XP and one stick of ram can help.

Ok, I have only 1 stick of RAM but im buying another one on the 10th(Or 11th) As well as a new screen. Should i buy another SSD just for benching? 128 should be enough right?

Stresstested the GPU @1110MHz core and 1450MHz memory for 1and a half hours with heaven benchmark and everything is fine :).

What are you using for RAM now. Adding a second stick may not help especially if it is not an identical stick. Yes, you want a drive dedicated to benching otherwise you will screw up your daily OS.

Oh and I got a sub in for stage one. 20.64 fps, not my best but my system is not cooperating today. Still need to do stage 2,4,5 but I should have them done in time.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3282440

Last edited:
What are you using for RAM now. Adding a second stick may not help especially if it is not an identical stick. Yes, you want a drive dedicated to benching otherwise you will screw up your daily OS.

Oh and I got a sub in for stage one. 20.64 fps, not my best but my system is not cooperating today. Still need to do stage 2,4,5 but I should have them done in time.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3282440

Ok :).
And i have a single stick of 4GB, Im adding an identical stick, Ill have 4×2 running dual channel. Same stick, 4GB, 14-14-16-31,2400MHz, Same company same model.

So I got stage 4 finished which will be my last sub in for this competition.

http://hwbot.org/submission/3283336_lochekey_3dmark___fire_strike_radeon_hd_7970_8731_marks

Was not able to get all the tweaking done I wanted on this one but I at least improved my personal best with this card.

So as I said this will be it for me in the Novice Nimble as I will be moved to the enthusiest league in a few hours. My stay there will be short lived as I intend to move to the extreme league when I get home from work tomorrow night.

I intend to stick around and continue to help with the novice nimble as long as there are people interested duo feel free to hit me up if I can be of assistance.

So keep pushing and remember the Volts are your Friends

-lochekey

Found a new stooge Lochkey!!??

Hey M@rk!

Kick ***, you have a legacy to live up too!!!

I have an issue, I cant turn off CPU cores and idk why, Here is a pic of the BIOS:
IMG-20160808-WA0000.jpg
I cant set it lower than auto, Tried going under 3500 and its doesnt do anything, Tried the - and + buttons same story. Does the BIOS disabled that feature and i can disable the cores? :-/ Turned Turboboost and speedstep off and it didnt change anything.
I also couldnt save a screenshot to the USBstick cause it said there was an error .-.

EDIT: Found the setting! Its CPU Features tab, Then the setting itself is Active Processor Cores.
It was in the very bottom of the page and i had to scroll to see it, Here are pics to show how i accessed it:
IMG-20160808-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20160808-WA0002.jpg

Last edited:
Probably gonna need more voltage. Are you running any program that allows you to adjust voltage and multiplier in Windows. If so boot in at a lower speed, kill all unneeded processes and then crank the speed and voltage.

Probably gonna need more voltage. Are you running any program that allows you to adjust voltage and multiplier in Windows. If so boot in at a lower speed, kill all unneeded processes and then crank the speed and voltage.

I have Intels XTU, But i dont want to do it through a program.
Also Not stable @[email protected]... I dont know if going higher is a good idea, Temps are, Fine about 70c when stressing with Cinebench (Cinebench crashes which means its not a stable overclock) I am using only one core though.

My CPU shouldnt be damaged if i only use it for less than a hour @1.48volts right? Temps are 70-80c

I didn't boot at this speed. Software OC is necessary when benching. Back to that core selection the last screen you showed should be the option to change core count. Usually advanced CPU options but i'm not that familiar with MSIboards

jltys4.png

I didn't boot at this speed. Software OC is necessary when benching. Back to that core selection the last screen you showed should be the option to change core count. Usually advanced CPU options but i'm not that familiar with MSIboards

View attachment 182074

I already changed the core count to just 1 core.
And ill try to use the Intel XTU program, See if i like it :p
And how did you get to that speed??? :drool: Dry ice or liquid nitrogen? Also max TDP 219W?? Thats a LOT!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw is the built-in stresstest for the CPU in intel's XTU any good?

That was done with LN2, just cold water I could hit over 6GHz.
XTu's stress test is basically a form of Prime95 so yest it works. Some people think it's too hard on the CPU but... If you don't pass the test you're not going to score in the benchmark either.
I saw that earlier in your posts about stress testing. Stability is one thing that ,in benching is dependent on the bench. If you can finish the bench mark and get your SS it's stable enough. One thing on that with GFX cards you have to test scores, make sure it's not throttling

Last edited:
Back