• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Working on a 5820k OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Working on my 5820k 24/7 stable OC for the last couple of days.

Decided to lower the clock to 4.8GHz/4.3 cache.

I noticed that if temps stay below 80c, stability increaes,. So added a few fan for push/pull (running a H240X+280+140, with a 780 ti in the loop).

Ruuning p95 now, and after 45 minutes, that's what I got (will leave it running overnight):
4.8_1.29v.jpg

What in the hell am I doing wrong to be at 4.7 and 1.4v, I don't think I have ever seen a 5820K stable at 4.8/1.33v...

Will it pass realbench stress testing at those settings?

Nice chip :thup: My better 5820K could make 4.7GHz ~1.35V when I was testing it last time and it was one of the best on hwbot ( on ss/dice it was beating others on LN2 ).

Nice chip :thup: My better 5820K could make 4.7GHz ~1.35V when I was testing it last time and it was one of the best on hwbot ( on ss/dice it was beating others on LN2 ).

I got 1992pt on XTU@4920MHz, but I hit a wall above 4940MHz. I believe it's heat related: 93c and XTU freezes.

I will certainly give a try tonight, when the fresh summer Irish breeze blows gently! I'd like to pass the 2K barrier ;)

^I just tried yesterday: I run 4.6/1.215v (P95 and Realbench stable). Thought 1.15 was OK for 4.5GHz (Prime95 OK), but RB crashed after 30 mins. Need 1.17 for 4.5GHz.

No no no, I keeep it! ;)

I just found older result on my 5820K :)

ad1.jpg

I wonder what bandwidth would be on new memory kits.

Last edited:
Yes, it was on dice. I was using early Ripjaws 4 kits. I guess that now results would be better on new Samsungs but I doubt I will test it again on dice or ln2 anytime soon.

Dam sweet clocks on that 5820! Going to send stereo555 a pm with this link to see if it'll help him out. He's got a 5820K and an ASRock X99 OC Formula Extended board and has been having issues since day one with it. Can't even get 4.1Ghz stable :-/ He's pretty flustered with the setup.

Sure Nebulous. Will help if I can.

Gonna hit ya up in the very near future about some settings I maybe missing on my 5930k and Asrock OC Formula 3.1 .... coming from an old x58 system I feel like a super noob again . Thx too to Neb for pointing this thread out .

Congratz on a super overclock !!!

Back