• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this a little warm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
I'm looking after a little box in a friends office while they are out of the country.
I get a feeling that they turned the a/c off and the poor little thing might be sweating to death.
it's a c2q, q6600.
what do you think?
should I just shut it down?

Attachments

• HOT.PNG
    HOT.PNG
    49.5 KB · Views: 67
Those are load Temps? Doesn't Intel have different specs for Temps? I think you're good up until 90C with most Intel chips? I'm working g from memory though so I'll learn as much as you when the experts chime in :)

I get the impression those are idle temps....in a buds office while outta town ;)

If those are indeed idle temps....toasty.

I get the impression those are idle temps....in a buds office while outta town ;)

If those are indeed idle temps....toasty.

That was my first thought as well but it looks like the speed on the chip is turned up? Isn't 2400mhz top speed for the q6600?

If he fired up HW took that screeny and posted here using that machine, It would show running full speed. That doesn't mean it was under load enough we'd see those temps though ;)

that's via team viewer, I can't get to the thing.
and that's at very little load.

That's as warm as you want to get it, yep... and that is little load? I mean, its ok, but... I would work on temps a bit on that box.

I bet it's the push-pin heatsink! Must reseat the heatsink!

The 249 C reading and 125 C readings are most likely a shorted temp sensor. Looks like someone in PRC may get punished!

+1 I would look into some kind of cooling problem.

Omg, If its idle to 10% load CHANGE THE COOLER! (Or reseat it).
The stock intel heatsink WASNT enough for my Q8400 and it was at 70c on idle, But when it got some load on it (P95 or Cinebench) It got right above 110c.
Also clean the heatsink from dust, They probably didnt clean it since they got it. Poor computer.

If it's a Dell there is probably the equivalent of a dead cat in the cooler/duct. I'm amazed at how clogged they can get and still run.

the poor box is in his locked up office, they did turn the a/c off so that's why it's running so hot.

Control Panel > Power > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management, and drop the Maximum processor state % to 50%, that should lock it at the SpeedStep 1600Mhz, which might keep it cool enough to prevent possible damage.

Try HWinfo64, it might show more accurate temps.

SYSTIN, CPUTIN, and AUXTIN are obviously wrong; I would not touch anything but If you are worried, better turn the a/c ON.

I dont think SYSIN and CPUIN is wrong, These CPUs can stand a lot of heat for short periods of time, Also the mobo will heat up with the CPU too.

Control Panel > Power > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Processor power management, and drop the Maximum processor state % to 50%, that should lock it at the SpeedStep 1600Mhz, which might keep it cool enough to prevent possible damage.

Try HWinfo64, it might show more accurate temps.

+1

I dont think SYSIN and CPUIN is wrong, These CPUs can stand a lot of heat for short periods of time, Also the mobo will heat up with the CPU too.
No... just no. Those are clearly anomalous results... at least two of them anyway..

Back