• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mbps vs MBps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that splains why 167mb shown on one machine = 18-20Mb in throughput as shown on the other.

I guess this would mean that the laptop I am transferring the 802 files for 125 gigs from does not have a gigbit nic.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 55
it's etherneted through a gigabit switch.
let me try a screenshot on the laptop.

forgot, it's an old xp thing, it belongs to the filmographer, it's not mine.

- - - Updated - - -

also forgot, I am using teamviewer to transfer the files, I'm really bad at networking...........

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 53
It is listed as having a gigabit connection speed and you seem to be utilizing it at about 20% or 200mb on average. I find that a lot of small files will not utilize the network well as compared to one large file.

Also the computer that you are transferring to, does it have an old spinner with a lot of data on it already. Your weak link could be one of the hard drives not keeping up.

these files are video, from about 50 megs to 500megs.
yeas it is copying to a spinner that is 1TB and has about 150gis on it to start with.
the laptop is all ssds.

with the overhead of using teamviewer to transfer and sending to an older machine running spinning disk I'm not at all surprised.

I think that's why it slows so much transferring form this laptop.
when I transferred the files from the desktop to my storage box, via home group networking it was four times as fast.

Back