• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a budget water cooling kit for a different application

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jayhawkpc

Hi guys,

I want to cool a terrarium filled with plants by blowing air through cold water, similar to what this guy here has done - http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28146&page=1 (the pictures are missing but at least there's a detailed description).

I don't (think I) need an expensive water cooling set but rather something simple and cheap.
I found this relatively cheap set on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Nhowe-Water-...+cooling+complete&refinements=p_36:1253505011.

Can anyone recommend any cheap alternative to this specific set? There are no reviews for this specific one.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

I copied a link (above) with detailed description by someone who has done something very similar.
Basically, the water passes through a freezer (where the reservoir + pump are) and comes out at low temperatures, goes through the terrarium where it is used (via fan + radiator) to cool the temperature.

Well since your not adding 100's of watts of MADE heat, you are just cooling ambient water temps I don't see why a fridge can't do that. The issue is fridges cool and maintain that cool in a insulated area. The compressor isn't able to run 24/7 and it can kill it. If the heat added to the fridge is above the ability to keep cool it won't work.

Dunno, possible. If you were able to keep the water temp (no reason to go sub-freezing and special liquids) 20degrees lower than ambient, it should work.

All depends how low the creatures need.

BTW, mini fridges prolly will die.

And... The rez should be big, and metal to absorb the cold, like a big stainless pot. And big metal fins like a Mad Max truck... LOL.

Back