• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help prepping for first time on LN2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd clock that!

That is the plan, well hopefully at least:D

So now that most of the hardware prep is done I'm just working on making some OS images and packing everything up for transport.

So I have been trying to plan out what I want to work on while I am there and have broke it down into three categories. "Primary", "if I have extra time", "if things go perfectly and I have a lot of extra time.

Primary-

CPU clock - this one is an obvious must, just to see what this chip can do.

Superpi 1m - hoping to get a good score in for the team cup.

Hwbot prime - once again for the team cup.

If I have extra time -

3d Mark firestrike extreme - figure I'll run my 7970 and see how it does for the team cup

XTU - there is some good boints available here.

If things go perfectly and I have a lot of extra time -

Cinebench - there is some good boints here too.

3dmark01 - run various gpu's for the team cup.

I very much doubt I will make it through all of this but I at least have a plan and am prepped to handle them all.

It's great to have a plan but just remain flexible. Also, if you'll allow me to make a suggestion, I would save CPU freq for last. If you're going to kill a chip it'll be during this bench. We (or at least I) tend to really push hard for every last 100mhz.

So been watching this thread. All this is going to be so valuable when I eventually go sub-zero.
Speaking of which ED, still waiting on my travel dossier for this years get together?!
Must have got lost in the mail. No worries, Next year!:D

Good Luck Lochekey, you know I will lean on you latter for all this wisdom you will acquire.
Hey, speaking of lost in the mail. Where is my chicken?

Suerte

Hey, speaking of lost in the mail. Where is my chicken?

Suerte

I must have forgotten to put air holes in the box. Guess the smell of the box made customs open it and discard of the contents. I'll make sure to put air holes in the next one.

So I just finished packing everything up and I feel like I over did it, then again I feel like I'm forgetting half a dozen things.:screwy:

0721162043.jpg

omg...SO glad I read this tonight!!

Almost forgot my pitchers!

Your prep work looks great, should be more than fine. (As an aside, I dragon-skinned a rex today. Was super easy and looks like it came out great. Bringing extra dragonskin this weekend in case i need to do another board (or someone else wants to try it).

Don't forget the cat

I feel like I'm forgetting half a dozen things

Dang - I think that is some extra checked baggage fees. Good thing you are traveling horse-n-wagon:p

Have fun with that Heat Index I am seeing on The Liar Channel. HI dew points, even inside.

Suerte

Back