• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Considering a GTX 1070

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I can afford to buy a GTX 1070, but would want to sell my GTX970.

I'm wondering:

a. What is the difference in wattage between a GTX 970 and a GTX 1070?

b. What kind of resale value might a part-time folded GTX970 bring?

If you're looking at tdp the 970 is about ~145 watts versus the 1070's ~150 watts.

With the release of the rx 480 and the 1070 I would assume you would get around 200-230 on the card depending on what the make and model would be.

The 1060, about tp launch, score 13K graphic score in FS, around 2.5K above a 970 and a bit ahead of the GTX980, and will sell for +/-$250 it seems. Below $300 for sure.

Sell it quickly: it soon won't be worth more than a 150 quids I guess.

These new 16nm GPU's are killers for old gen hardware resell value!

I think that 150 quid is about $210 US but your point is very valid.

I can afford to buy a GTX 1070, but would want to sell my GTX970.

I'm wondering:

a. What is the difference in wattage between a GTX 970 and a GTX 1070?

b. What kind of resale value might a part-time folded GTX970 bring?

I'm keeping the 970, still gonna get a 1070. ;)

You should get an average of 900K ppd between the two. At least that is what I'm getting on my machine with a 970 and a 1070.

They all perform the same it seems, so I'd recommend either pick a brand you like or the lowest price one you find. I like my Gigabyte Gaming G1, the three fans cool pretty good, they rarely get above 30% and are near quite at that level (they do get noisy around 60% though).

EVGA. Best customer support. I never choose another brand now for PSUs and GPUs when I buy new.

I must say, EVGA is tops in my mind; my gtx970 is an EVGA. I just need to purchase this in such a way, so that a large amount does not show up on a credit card statement. :eek:
Muahaha, that is why I had to go retail. The only thing that was available to me was the FE. I would have loved to gotten one with way better cooling from Newegg however that would have been months later. The bad little man on my shoulder would have drove me crazy by then and I wouldn't have been able to concentrate on anything else in the mean time. :screwy:

Back