• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Announces GeForce GTX 1060

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weird that in this link 3GB version has less CUDA cores while the only difference should be memory. I could faster think they can lower memory bandwidth than cut something else. Still if it's replacement for GTX960 then I think it's way too pricy ( the same as all other GTX1000 cards ). It's already listed in local stores in price about the same as RX480 and these cards cost about $70 more than supposed to.

I just can't get how nvidia is bumping prices each generation and all are only clapping because performance is good. Yes performance is good but soon to play games we will have to spend $300+ only on graphics card.
I sold GTX960 for about $190 2 months ago ( it was maybe $30 less than new card in stores ) and I was counting that I will add maybe $50 and get GTX1060 ... while GTX1060 cost $350. It supposed to be direct replacement and maybe 10% more as it's new product.
( all prices are my local prices with tax etc )

I just can't get how nvidia is bumping prices each generation and all are only clapping because performance is good. Yes performance is good but soon to play games we will have to spend $300+ only on graphics card.
I sold GTX960 for about $190 2 months ago ( it was maybe $30 less than new card in stores ) and I was counting that I will add maybe $50 and get GTX1060 ... while GTX1060 cost $350. It supposed to be direct replacement and maybe 10% more as it's new product.
( all prices are my local prices with tax etc )

I can't remember the last time I bought a video card for only $350, or even anywhere around that price.

Been through a few reviews.

It seems that it performs exactlly as expected. 10% faster than a RX 480.

OC results through different reviews is quite consistent with +/- 2050MHz boost.

Back