• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purple themed PETG water cooling system help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v12golfcart

Hey all, new member here and excited to be working on my first water cooling system :). I've narrowed down the following:
1) I want to use PETG for first build as I'm nervous about fragility of acrylic and this comp will get picked up a bit frequently
2) I want the theme to be a dark purple

I found some nice fittings by PrimoChill that are purple but I'm struggling with the tubing. I found purple acrylic tubing and purple soft tubing but not purple PETG lol.

So the question:
Has anyone seen purple colored PETG tubing? Or any other advice on this? Seems like the only other option would be clear tubing with DI water + purple dye but reading some threads here indicate that dyes should be avoided or it will gunk up water blocks. Perhaps am I being overly paranoid about avoiding acrylic?

Thanks for the help!

PS - if anyone has seen cool purple themed builds or purple components, send over pics/links - I'd love to take a look :D

Last edited:
You would have to cause an impact to bust the acrylic tubing... If you're worried about that, get the Primochill Advanced LRT.

Hey all, new member here and excited to be working on my first water cooling system :). I've narrowed down the following:
1) I want to use PETG for first build as I'm nervous about fragility of acrylic and this comp will get picked up a bit frequently
2) I want the theme to be a dark purple

I found some nice fittings by PrimoChill that are purple but I'm struggling with the tubing. I found purple acrylic tubing and purple soft tubing but not purple PETG lol.

So the question:
Has anyone seen purple colored PETG tubing? Or any other advice on this? Seems like the only other option would be clear tubing with DI water + purple dye but reading some threads here indicate that dyes should be avoided or it will gunk up water blocks. Perhaps am I being overly paranoid about avoiding acrylic?

Thanks for the help!

PS - if anyone has seen cool purple themed builds or purple components, send over pics/links - I'd love to take a look :D

It all comes down to what you want to do. Yes dyed coolants have some dangers while using them, but you can avoid most of the damage done to the loop if you're willing to tear it apart every 2-3 months, clean it with distilled and then refill it. You could then get blue and red coolants and mix them to the hue that suits your taste ;) If you don't want to tear it apart every now and then, as ATM said above,Primochill has purple tubing you could go for that.

Some case RGB LEDs can help your theme as well.
+1

And they are fairly cheap too.

Avoid dyes, they don't really gunk up your loop we did some testing here, however dyes will stain blocks and in my case, (Feser UV Blue) the dye basically settled in my rad leaving the water crystal clear. CPU block wasn't gunked up at all.

That said, if you want to use dyes (honestly some of the dyes out there are really cool looking now) make sure you flush your loop every year and take apart and clean your blocks yearly as well.

Soft tubing wise, Primochill Advanced LRT is the best stuff on the market. Meyhem's UltraClear is good stuff too. Primochill comes in many colours that are UV active as well so going with your purple theme, UV LED's (which are purple naturally) will really work well.

I originally wanted a white/purple theme, but I settled on white/aquamarine.

Thanks all for the advice! Re flushing loop continually, I'm a lazy person so I'm going to build with purple-colored acrylic from PrimoChill and hope for the best.

Back