• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Moisture Barrier for Basement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leegit

I have a basement that is collecting moisture every so often. It hasn't been a problem in the past but we've had a lot of rain recently and I've noticed some moisture forming on the basement walls (concert blocks) and some on the floor as well. I'm possibly looking to sell my house in the near term as well, so looking for something not to expensive that would just be a stop-gap. What sort of application would you all recommend for the walls?

Concrete is porous. There is a water sealant made for concrete that is supposed to displace water and seal the concrete, however, I believe it works mainly by gravity as it's meant for driveways/garage floors. I don't know if it's applicable to walls as gravity would just pull it straight down and not into the wall. There may be some sealant that is made for walls, though I don't know of it personally.

Back