• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600k OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Electro_

Hi, I'm a first time builder looking to overclock.
I am currently using an Asus maximus viii hero and a i5 6600k to overclock, my cooler is the h100i v2.
Here's my problem: When I set my ratio to 46 and my core voltage override to 1.345, my cpu-z says that my core voltage is at 1.376.
I'm not sure if that is safe with my CPU and what should I do?
Thanks

First, CPU-Z could be wrong. Check against just about anything else and see if you get the same.

From what I have read 1.4 is stepping into the danger zone ... but even then if you stay below 90c you should be OK, YMMV.

I had my 6600k up to 1.395 but I was trying to stress test 47X @ 103FSB and hit 92c for a second on air cooling, yikes!

Read up here (in other threads), there's a TON of info in the stickies and larger threads devoted to our CPU and your mainboard also.

In the end it is whatever you feel comfortable with, making that choice becomes easier the more informed you are.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is pretty awesome... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/762912-i5-6600K-i7-6700K-OC-results

Did you set your vcore voltage manually? Most boards use intel's dynamic voltage control according to load. For 4.5GHz for me I had to set the voltage to peak at a Vcore 1.332v

1.42v is suppose to be the limit for a daily driver.

Hi, I'm a first time builder looking to overclock.
I am currently using an Asus maximus viii hero and a i5 6600k to overclock, my cooler is the h100i v2.
Here's my problem: When I set my ratio to 46 and my core voltage override to 1.345, my cpu-z says that my core voltage is at 1.376.
I'm not sure if that is safe with my CPU and what should I do?
Thanks
Welcome!

Software voltages tend to be a bit off from actual voltage. Your board does not have voltage read points so there is no way to confirm outside of, as was said, looking at a different piece of software. But rest assured, this is quite normal.

As far as safe for your chip, keep the voltage at 1.42V or lower and load temps at 90C or less.

Back